We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Jimenez/ Finca Kobo Chocolate Tour

Rocky Mts, Colorado
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Puerto Jimenez/ Finca Kobo Chocolate Tour

Hi all, we just made our reservations to hike to Sirena in April and spend 4 days in the park. We will have a few days to spend in PJ before and after our hike. Has anyone taken the Finca Kobo Chocolate plantation tour near La palma? My son is very interested in this. Any other suggestions of what to do in the area, beaches etc.?

Thank you!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
19,113 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Puerto Jimenez/ Finca Kobo Chocolate Tour

We have visited Finca Kobo last August. Unfortunately we were too late for a tour but had the opportunity to spend an hour with owners. They are very nice and interesting persons and if the tour is as good as the them you will have a blast. From Puerto Jimenez you can drive up to the Cabo Matapalo and hike the road there, or walk along several nice beaches.

New York
1 post
2 reviews
2. Re: Puerto Jimenez/ Finca Kobo Chocolate Tour

I just got back from PJ! The Finca Kobo Chocolate plantation was incredible. We tasted tons of delicious fruit grown right on the farm, smelled incredible herbs and tried the most amazing chocolate cake of my life! I highly recommend it. Here are some other things we did that I HIGHLY recommend: horseback riding (which you can do on the beach or in the forest), rainforest tour where you can see wild animals (we saw all 4 types of monkeys located in Costa Rica), and fishing for rooster fish. Have a great trip! You can also zip line, which I didn't do since my group wanted to go at night. Scary!

3. Re: Puerto Jimenez/ Finca Kobo Chocolate Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:40 am, June 18, 2013