We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Osa Peninsula to Manuel Antonio (MA)

St. Louis, MO
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Osa Peninsula to Manuel Antonio (MA)

My husband and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica in May (5/2/2008-5/12/2008). The first half of our trip will be spent on the Osa Peninsula. We are considering staying in Manuel Antonio (near the beaches) during the second half.

What are the transportation options from Osa to MA (if any)?

I have seen some negative comments (safety) about MA. Would it be better to visit Monte Verde/Arenal area?

Thank you,

klcosta

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Osa Peninsula to Manuel Antonio (MA)

The most efficient way to get from Osa to MA is to fly from Puerto Jimenez to MA via Sansa or Nature Air (may have connection in San Jose). I rarely see any postings regarding safety issues in MA, I wouldn't be concerned other than being as alert as you would be anywhere else. i.e., petty theft is common for the standout tourist just about anywhere. Arenal is a great area too there, and you might be underwhelmed with MA after visting beautiful Osa. Depends on if you want some beach time. Otherwise, Osa and Arenal would be a good combo too. Are you staying near beach in Osa or somewhere like Bosque del Cabo, which is high up on the bluff?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Osa Peninsula to Manuel Antonio (MA)

Sorry, I should clarify, you can fly out of Drake Bay too, not sure where you're staying in Osa.

St. Louis, MO
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Osa Peninsula to Manuel Antonio (MA)

Thanks for your reply.

We are staying at Jinetes de Osa. We are flying into Drake Bay and then get a round trip shuttle (thru the lodge).

Manuel Antonio - We are thinking about beach time. Not sure yet.

Thanks for your information regarding Monte Verde vs Manuel Antonio.

klcostastlouis

P.S. A pretty cheesy screen name, but I am not very creative.