We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Montezuma

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans
Level Contributor
168 posts
59 reviews
Restaurants in Montezuma

Going to be in Montezuma on a day trip next Monday. Any ideas on where to grab a great lunch?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,604 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants in Montezuma

Playa Artistas - tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g309278-d1…

Best restaurant IMO over that way. Great atmosphere and vibe, right on the beach, excellent every time I have been.

Cheers

costa rica
Level Contributor
22 posts
2. Re: Restaurants in Montezuma

Great Question- I really like the restaurant called Cocolores (though they may just be open for dinner) otherwise one of my favorites is "Bakery Cafe" located at the north end of town and offers "world cuisine"- smoothies, homemade baked goods, sandwiches, curry dishes etc. ONe of my favorite places.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
168 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants in Montezuma

Has anyone tried Puggo's

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Restaurants in Montezuma

Puggos is really good. We went there maybe 5 times on our last trip. Great fresh foccacia to start and really nice fresh food. You can byob too!

Montezuma, Costa...
Level Contributor
538 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants in Montezuma

Cocolores (my favourite) only opens at 5, and I'm not entirely sure Puggos opens for lunch either, but if they do, they have great food (love those burgers)

Sano Banano for sure or their sister hotel Ylang Ylang on the beach - with them you can count on their hours of opening. SB for people watching, YY for a seaview. SB has lost their liquor license and Puggos never had one, so if you want a cold beer you won't get one at either.....

L' Angolo (on the corner) is great for pizza & pasta - but again their opening hours are a bit sporadic . No beer, but they can serve wine

Places to avoid - the restaurant behind Chicos Bar - I love Chicos for the odd beer, but the restaurant behind is outsourced & not good. Hotel Moncetzuma on the corner has a great view, but the food is inconsistent - sometimes fine, sometimes inedible.

The Bakery Cafe is a nice option too. Good food, if a little overpriced. They have a menu on display at the door

For something simple - the soda Monte Sol is really nice - they do casadas, but with really nice salads

Sorry if that's all too much info!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,084 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Restaurants in Montezuma

Dear rda...

I really like Playa de Artistas...great food...great presentation..very creative chef!

roadadvisor

nyc
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Restaurants in Montezuma

Yes Playa de Artistas is a beautiful setting, i've been there a many of times, but i have to say the service pretty much sucks, last time i was there in slow season, i was the first and only person in the resturaunt took them over 20 mins to even get my drink order, never mind waiting for my food, and getting my check, they are the not the friendliest , and while the atmosphere is great, and food always fresh, not my top place.

I prefer Bakery Cafe right next to the beach, great choice of entrees from around the world, or yang ylang, i like going to the pool and relaxing and ordering lunch and drinks there which are great food, excellent service and resonably priced. The nachos and the rainbow salad are great, and you can use the pool

Edited: 2:43 pm, November 18, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Restaurants in Montezuma

Puggos is amazing! Consistently exceptional, creative fresh food. Not to be missed . . . the best in Montezuma.

9. Re: Restaurants in Montezuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, December 30, 2012