We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air or shuttle? Which one is the most scenic? Safest?

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
100 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Air or shuttle? Which one is the most scenic? Safest?

Hi (again)

I have been in the area (Santa Teresa) before but this time a friend of mine is coming with me but she is afraid of flying with small planes. I used sansa before but she found some bad reports about aircrash so she want to take a shuttle (private) and the ferry instead. For me its just like 5 hour longer trip instead of 30 minutes on a plane, so my question is. Is it a nice trip/scenic view or just a bumpy road. What about the ferry, is it big, is it nice, does it has toilets and restaurants? What do you prefer the plane or shuttle/ferry I want to know everything.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Teresa
Santa Teresa
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Montezuma, Costa...
Level Contributor
538 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Air or shuttle? Which one is the most scenic? Safest?

Both air and shuttle are scenic -

Air is just 45 in the sky - but you have transfer time on either side, and obviously costs more once you add on taxis, etc. Add about least 2 hours on either side. The toal cost - depending on your taxi to the airport will be about $110 pp, but the flight is thrilling

Shuttle is less money and about 6 hours total, including a beautiful 1.5 hour ferry ride across the Gulf. The 6 hours seems long, but is broken up The cost will be about $45 pp

the prices are approximate

12. Re: Air or shuttle? Which one is the most scenic? Safest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 26, 2011