We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice

Which Montezuma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Medway, MA
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need advice

My husband and I are going to Costa Rica next wee. We will there 12 days. We are landing and flying out of Liberia. We have reservations for 2 nights in Arenal, 2 nights in Monteverde, and need suggestions on where to go for the next 7 nights, maybe break it up, one place for a few nights and then another for few nights. We do want to spend some nights at a beach resort. But, there is still time to check out another part of Costa Rica. Is Poas worth the trip? If so, are there any other hotels there other than the Peace Lodge? I know I am asking a lot of questions, but we could sure use the experts advice.

California
Level Contributor
508 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice

Since you are flying out of Liberia, you might consider enjoying some of the beautiful beaches of the Nicoya Penninsula. Look at:

http://www.nicoyapeninsula.com/

Some of my favorites are:

Harmony Hotel in Nosara

Hotel Punta Islita, an amazing place. Pricey but worth it.

Casa Caletas, a small hotel at Playa Coyote.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice

Since you are flying in and out of LIR...maybe good idea to stay around there...a one night visit to Rincon de la Vieja Volcano...nice area..

Poas is a great area...but way to far...and Peace Lodge if you like to see poor caged animals that will be your place!

Roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice

www.rincondelavieja.net

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g321538-d105969… ·

www.playamontezuma.net

www.ylangylangresort.com

Poas too far from LIR Rincon lots nicer

Medway, MA
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice

Thank you travel experts for your help. It is really appreciated. Can't wait to leave this cold weather and head to Costa Rica.

5. Re: Need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 21, 2010