We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel Monteverde

mid-Atlantic, USA
4 posts
Save Topic
hotel Monteverde

helping friends out, their tour has placed them at El Establo in mid-March. From what I can see, it has no air conditioning. Is that going to be all right for people in their early 60's? Also, at Arenal, Arenal Paraiso or Montana de Fuego hotel? thanks.

Mentioned in this post
El Establo
El Establo
2,060 Reviews
Monteverde, Costa Rica
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
901 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
239 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel Monteverde

Hi,

We just stayed in the El Establo last August. It too worried me that it had no air conditioning, but I could not find any hotel in Monteverde that did ... there is a reason - it's in the cloud forest where it never gets too hot and basically, air conditioning is not needed. I'm sure in March it will be even colder (but don't worry, they even have fireplaces in the rooms) The hotel itself is absolutely beautifull. We originally booked a deluxe room and they upgraded us for free to a suite that had a loft for us, and two more beds downstairs for the kids. The staff is sooo amazingly nice and helpfull and they have a great tour desk.

As for the Arenal area, we stayed at the Lost Iguana resort (read my review on it) - it's amazingly beautifull, literally nestled in the rainforest.

Lana in Sunnyvale :-)

Mentioned in this post
El Establo
El Establo
2,060 Reviews
Monteverde, Costa Rica
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Lost Iguana Resort & Spa
Lost Iguana Resort & Spa
1,589 Reviews
Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
costa rica
Level Contributor
598 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel Monteverde

you won´t need air conditioning in Monteverde:

…typepad.com/monteverde/home/index.html

Mentioned in this post
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel Monteverde

Arenal also gets pretty cool at night. I'm usually too cold and end up stealing the blankets off the other bed.

Sandy

Mentioned in this post
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
901 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
4. Re: hotel Monteverde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Monteverde Cloud...