We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Monteverde

San Diego
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants in Monteverde

We will be in Monteverde for 3 days, and breakfast is not included at our hotel, so will be eating in restaurants for 9 meals. Based on reviews, we plan to eat at Sophia, Pizzeria de Johnny, and Restaurante de Lucia, probably for dinner. I would love recommendations for other places to eat, especially good places to stop for breakfast and lunch before and after visiting Monteverde Reserve and the Santa Elena Reserve.

Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurants in Monteverde

Personally, I thought the Tree House's food was only okay (plenty of better places within walking distance) and was overpriced. However, it did have a view and a nice Internet cafe below. After dining there , we only returned for drinks and people-gazing.

R

costa rica
Level Contributor
598 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurants in Monteverde

rainforest, stella´s, morphos and in monteverde, johnny´s pizzeria:

…typepad.com/santa_elena/home/index.html

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurants in Monteverde

Try Tramontes. It was recommended by the locals and supposed to be much better than Johnny's for pizza and Italian. We enjoyed the food, but I didn't eat at Johnny's so I can't compare. Also, a warning - we ate at Morphos our first day in Santa Elena and 3 of us got sick, and this place was recommended in guide books and by locals.

west. pennsylvania
Level Contributor
308 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurants in Monteverde

we liked pizza de jonny. sat near the wood fired pizza oven since we were wet and chilled. pizza was great. able to see a toucan while dining.

it doesn't get much mention, but we ate at pizza de kari twice, near pizza de jonny, and liked it also. see Freddie there and tell him jim and joan say HI!!!!!!!! ( he helped us get a costa rican motorcycle license plate in exchange for a PA. plate, legally)

flamenco guitar player for entertainment one night.

California
Level Contributor
143 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurants in Monteverde

Eww stay away from Treehouse!! If you go there for drinks and stuff I guess that's okay. But, we ate there and it took an hour for a burrito. The food was garbage.

Get answers to your questions about Monteverde Cloud...