We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it really worth it in July to drive to Monteverde?

Annemasse, France
Level Contributor
9 posts
592 reviews
Save Topic
is it really worth it in July to drive to Monteverde?

I have read how many hours of rough driving it takes to get to Monteverde. In July there is a great chance of it being foul weather, so I wonder if it is really worth it. Anyone with expereriece in the summer months?

thanks

j

Mentioned in this post
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Coldwater,Mississipp...
Level Contributor
54 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: is it really worth it in July to drive to Monteverde?

Dear Hask, Good question, never saw so many answers. The wife and I have been going to CR, for over twenty years. I am not an expert like some, but I will offer my two bits worth.

The worst day that I have ever experenced in CR, was one of the best days that I have ever lived.

Monteverde is not one of my favorite places in CR,but don't miss it, it is great. ( It seemed REAL to me)

Everybody doesn't like vanilla ice cream, if you know what I mean.

The rough road is just a part of CR, enjoy.

My advise is, see as much as you can, with in your time limits, it is all great.

After many trips, we don't try to see it all and ware ourselves out.

We might spent an entire vacation around San Jose, maybe on the Pacific or the Eastern side. You WILL come back. Yes, there are many tourist (ck spelling, 10000), Hask, that is an inside joke, but we can't back up twenty years, you will love it. The world has found CR.

Don't worry about the weather, until you have been rained on in a CR jungle or rainforest, you haven't lived.

I really don't know how you can go wrong, unless you spent to much time in one place,(on your first trip).

You will love it, Mississippijay

Mentioned in this post
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
22. Re: is it really worth it in July to drive to Monteverde?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Monteverde Cloud...