We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Boat Jeep to Monteverde

Which Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep Boat Jeep to Monteverde

Hello. I will be staying in La Fortuna but would like to take the "jeep-boat-jeep" to get to Monteverdes' Cloud Forest. I know that can be arranged through your hotel but I cannot get ahold of the hotel. Does anyone have an email for this travel option?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,196 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep Boat Jeep to Monteverde

Check www.arenal.net or desafio.com, either of which can set this up for you w/pickup at your hotel

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep Boat Jeep to Monteverde

Any of the travel Agencies in Arenal can book this for you some are: Eagle tours (Direct operator), Ecoterra, Aventuras Arenal, Desafio Adventure, Jacamar Tours, Canoe Adventure.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep Boat Jeep to Monteverde

sorry to jump on this post but i have booked this coming from monteverde to la fortuna (through my hotel). should i book the same way to get there from alajuela or is there another way to do the trip that doesn't take all day?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeep Boat Jeep to Monteverde

rootsie I understand you wnat to get from Alajuela to Monteverde, if so you can use the shared shuttles services check with Interbus and with greyline. It would take them 4 hours more or less to get you there including a stop they make on the way.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,276 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeep Boat Jeep to Monteverde

Dear rootse

Alajuela to Monteverde 3 hours...trust me we drive people there almost daily...nice road now days but the last 12 kilometers...

Dear Kristen

Do not worry...many options to take you from La Fortuna to the Other side of the lake to Monteverde...the price is $ 29.00 per person..Jeep Boat Jeep...can be book as the prior Travel Agent mentioned!

Nice that you ask...dealt only with tour companies certified by ICT the Costa Rica Government..ICT no ICT find somebody else!

You do not need any iddle person...and if you do...ask for ICT..same with people no ID be extra carefull!

roadadvisor

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeep Boat Jeep to Monteverde

thanks guys...so it's 3 hours from alajuela to monteverde by shuttle. can someone please tell me the cost? how long does the jeep boat jeep take from monteverde to arenal?

7. Re: Jeep Boat Jeep to Monteverde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, November 22, 2012