We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

picking a time for the jeep-boat-jeep: Arenal to Monteverde

Which Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
picking a time for the jeep-boat-jeep: Arenal to Monteverde

8:10am OR 2:10pm from Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel to Tabacon?

I'm trying to decide in order to book in advance - we'll be going on Wed. Nov 23.

I have an idea of some pros and cons, but I'm just not sure....and am interested to hear other opinions.

thanks,

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: picking a time for the jeep-boat-jeep: Arenal to Monteverde

The biggest "pro" of taking the 8:10am are that the rains usually start in the afternoon so an am trip would most likely mean better photos. :-)

The "pro" of taking the 2:10pm would be that if you don't have much time in Monteverde that will give you another full morning to take advantage of that area.

That's my 2 cents! :-)

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,841 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: picking a time for the jeep-boat-jeep: Arenal to Monteverde

Excellent advice from Wendy as always. Agree 100%

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: picking a time for the jeep-boat-jeep: Arenal to Monteverde

Totally agree with everyone above. Depends on how much time you have there. There are some beautiful views along the way.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: picking a time for the jeep-boat-jeep: Arenal to Monteverde

Hard to said anything about rain...or weather...in general...maybe the best to take the morning time will be to enjoy the afternoon and relax at the Hot Springs...

roadadvisor

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: picking a time for the jeep-boat-jeep: Arenal to Monteverde

totally undecided and now my group has expanded to include 2 senior friends of Mom's!!!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,265 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: picking a time for the jeep-boat-jeep: Arenal to Monteverde

It is easy. Toss a coin. Good luck.

new jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: picking a time for the jeep-boat-jeep: Arenal to Monteverde

We just returned from our trip to Arenal & did the boat -jeep tour from Monteverde at 2pm. We had time that day to relax in our hotel's pools(Royal Corin) & go to Dan Rufino for dinner . The rods are a little rough. Lots of potholes but the scenery is breathtaking.

We stayed at Hidden Canopy & loved it. We wish we could have stayed longer. Jen, the owner is fantastic. The Tree Houses are awesome. We can't rave enough about the accomodations, food & great suggestions for touring etc. Jen is so attentive. She recommended the best guides. We were able to zip line in the morning & make the 2pm to Arenal.

We are seniors . My 80 year old husband did the 15 zip lines and Jen made sure we were ok.

Enjoy!

8. Re: picking a time for the jeep-boat-jeep: Arenal to Monteverde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Monteverde Cloud...