We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Costa Rica Monteverde for transfers?

San Diego
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Topic
Transport Costa Rica Monteverde for transfers?

Has anyone used Transport Costa Rica Monteverde S.A. (www.transportationmonteverde.com) for transfers between cities? They gave me a decent price quote for a transfer from Monteverde to Punta Islita, but I would love to hear recommendations from people who have used this company before I book.

Also, their e-mail mentioned they use a newer van – is it typical for private drivers to use a van? I ask because one of the websites for the Nicoya Peninsula recommended driving a 4x4 to Punta Islita because you have to cross a small river to get there.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde for transfers?

Hi Kay-SD,

I have been wondering about this shuttle service too! I have been reading your posts and your trip sounds almost identical to my honeymoon trip.

I have been making plans to stay at Xandari for the begining and ending of my trip. I was going to fly to Punta Islita, and then take a shuttle to Monteverde. I found this shuttle service online and was not sure how reputible they were. Did you happen to find any other options?

Thanks!

Ken

San Diego
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde for transfers?

I found this shuttle company online, too, and I've been nervous because no one on this board or Fodor's appears to have used them. Their price of $140 from MV to Punta Islita is great. The best I found elsewhere (I requested quotes from 2 other shuttle companies and 3 private drivers) was $165, most wanted $190 or more. I think I'm going to go ahead and book them and hope for the best. They used to require you to mail them a check for the initial deposit, but they are now set up to accept credit cards via Paypal, so at least I can get a refund if there are serious problems.

When are you going to Costa Rica? We are going the second half of May. We were at Punta Islita 5 years ago and absolutely loved it. If it is still the same, it is a perfect place for a honeymoon.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport Costa Rica Monteverde for transfers?

Hi Kay-SD,

Thanks for the advice. My honeymoon is in early December. Perhaps you can let me know how the shuttle worked out? It does seem like an amazing price.

I am planning on spending about 16-17 days in Costa Rica and wanted to go to Xandari, Arenal, Monteverde, Punta Islita, and Manuel Antonio. I am having trouble figuring out which order I should do things so I am not zig-zagging across the country and spending a fortune.

I figured I would fly into Punta Islita, shuttle to Monteverde, taxi-boat-taxi to Arenal, shuttle to Manuel Antonio, and fly back to San Jose. It's a lot to do, but we really want to see it all.

Do you have any advice for me? Thanks!

Ken

PS. You can email me if you want at kenagross@yahoo.com

Get answers to your questions about Monteverde Cloud...