We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Monteverde to Manuel Antonio

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
223 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Monteverde to Manuel Antonio

The travel books don't seem very encouraging with regards to travel to and from Monteverde.

We are planning on travelling from Monteverde to Manuel Antonio. Can anyone advise us the best way to go about this and how long it is likely to take?

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel Monteverde to Manuel Antonio

There are enough drivers in Monteverde...but they still have to drive from Monteverde to San Jose to pick you up...and sorry I did not explain my self good enough...yes is at least a 10 hour day for the driver... for you guys can be half or even less...

Luis Road Advisors.

Just buckle up and enjoy the drive in paradise!!

California
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel Monteverde to Manuel Antonio

Just returned from CR last week. My family rented a Susuki Vitarra 4 wheel drive for our trip. We traveled from Manuel Antonio to Monteverde in six hours with a stop at Tarcoles to see the crocodiles and lunch in Sardinal before heading up the mountain. I highly recommend a four-wheel drive around the Monteverde area because the roads to the Cloud Forest are pretty rough.

13. Re: Travel Monteverde to Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, September 16, 2009