We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nature Air Weight Restrictions

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
851 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Nature Air Weight Restrictions

We are flying Nature Air from Monteverde to Quepos and their website says our bag can be no more than 30#. Does anyone know if they really enforce this? I mean my suit case is about 10 pounds with nothing in it. That leaves only 20# for a 9 day trip! That doesn't seem like very much. I was even thinking of purchasing a hiking backpack b/c they only weigh about 4-5 pounds. Do most people bring suitcases? Or do people use the big hiking backpacks? Thanks!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nature Air Weight Restrictions

There are no planes to/from Monteverde, maybe you mean somewhere else.

Most people, especially flying in CR, use duffle bags, which weigh 2-3 pounds. As you mentioned, a suitcase will eat up 1/3 of your allowance. If you use a duffle bag, 30 pounds is more than enough for 2-3 weeks if you pack smartly & realistically.

Yes, the limits are usually enforced, sometimes they will let you go a little over & pay for it; keep in mind the 30 pounds isn't a random number they picked, it's for safety so the plane can get off the ground.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nature Air Weight Restrictions

We were in CR last August. During our three weeks we flew Sansa from San Jose to Qepos to San Jose to Tamarindo to San Jose. We each have a rollaboard and a carryon. I was worried about the weight because my rollaboard is a sturdy one, not tone of those black nylon things. From San Jose to Qepos I think they charged us a few dollars overweight, but not on the other trips. Go figure. We do pack light, however. The only advice I have is to put your heavy stuff in your carryon and don't take bulky shoes <grin>.

I hesitate to say "no worry" because in airports around the world I notice that most people pack way more than we do.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
851 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nature Air Weight Restrictions

oops, I did mean we are flying from Quepos to San Jose. And thanks for the advice. I think we are going to try to get some hiking backpacks for our trip. They weigh around 4-5 pounds only.

4. Re: Nature Air Weight Restrictions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Monteverde Cloud...