We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Projilo (anyone), PLEASE HELP - Our hotel just cancelled

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
806 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Projilo (anyone), PLEASE HELP - Our hotel just cancelled

So after countless days of reading travel books, pages and pages of reviews and forum discussions and talking with everyone who has been to CR, we decided on the Monteverde Lodge for our hotel. Last night (12 days before our trip) I get an e-mail telling me that the hotel made a mistake and overbooked and there is no room for us so they put us at the Trapp Family Lodge! What???!!! The Trapp Family Lodge is so far from everything (except the cloud forest) and we will NOT have a car. I almost started to cry when I found this out. We have been waiting 2 years to be able to come to CR and now our vacation is falling a part. I contacted every hotel near the MV Lodge and everything is booked. The only hotel that has availability other the Trapp FAmily Lodge is the Fonda Vela. I've read good reviews on the Fonda Vela and feel more confident about it than the Trapp Lodge, but it's still very very far from all restaurants and the town of Santa Elena.

First, if we have to stay that far away do you like the Trapp Family Lodge or Fonda Vela better?

Second, can we rent a car in Monteverde? It seems everything I read about rental cars is that they have to be rented in San Jose or Quepos but have heard nothing about being able to rent a car in MV.

Any help you can provide would be great! Thanks!

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
806 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Projilo (anyone), PLEASE HELP - Our hotel just cancelled

You guys are not going to believe this...I will post this in another thread as well so all can view. Costa Rica Expeditions just did the right thing...they e-mailed to let me know that they will be paying for our entire stay at the Fonda Vela AND refunding our money for the MV Lodge!!!! This was entirely their idea and I didn't have to threaten or yell or anything. I just simply called and told them i wanted my money back and they said they'd do that on Monday and that my rep would e-mail Monday as she did not work today. Well, she e-mailed today and told me the CR Expeditions would be paying for our stay at the Fonda Vela! I am very happy that this company stepped up to the plate and did the right thing. I know others have had some negative experiences but this company is top of the line in my book! I've dealt with other companies in the islands before where I have not seen a red cent in compensation for things they did wrong and here this company is righting their mistake (and I truly believe it was a mistake) by paying for our stay. I'm just very happily suprised by this turn of events.

12. Re: Projilo (anyone), PLEASE HELP - Our hotel just cancelled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 21, 2009