We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arenal & Monteverde with 2 small children or just ONE ?

Which Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
100 posts
258 reviews
Save Topic
Arenal & Monteverde with 2 small children or just ONE ?

Plan to stay 3 nights at Arenal ( TABACON) and 1 night in MV first week of April. Travelling w/ 2 kids ( 3 & 9yrs age) and after reading all those reviews regbad access to MV --- is it really worth it ? I know it is most likely individual anyhow but is the area/ rain forest so much different that we really should spend teh time & hassle to get to MV ? We will head down to manuel Antonio for another 4 nights after our stay....Thanks fro any helpful advise ! Great hotel recommendations ? MV Lodge worth the money - they'll charge $ 350 for a standard room during easter week...

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Arenal & Monteverde with 2 small children or just ONE ?

I would not go to all the trouble driving to MV if you are only staying one night. It's quite a haul, and you won't have much time to enjoy it.

Sandy

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
133 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arenal & Monteverde with 2 small children or just ONE ?

I agree. Skip Monteverde. It is beautiful, but 1 day isn't worth the trip. The ride alone from Monteverde to Manuel Antonio would take several hours which would waste a good portion of that travel day also.

You'll enjoy Arenal and you will get a good feel for the rain forest. Monteverde has Cloud Forest which is different, but only go if you can stay 3 or more days.

Good luck.

3. Re: Arenal & Monteverde with 2 small children or just ONE ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 21, 2009