We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visitor quota

usa
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Visitor quota

Read that this park has a daily quota of 600 visitors. Any idea around what time approx is this quota reached and the park closed?

I may reach the park around 1-2 pm (mostly on a weekday)

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,431 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visitor quota

Mangoo,

When are you going to be there . The answer for October for example could be different than if you will be there at Christmas/New Years time.

The park closes at 4.00 PM - so if you arrive at 2 you won't have that much time. It gets dark early in Costa Rica - about 5.30 PM. The park is closed on Mondays.

Raquel

usa
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visitor quota

I will mostly make it around Dec/Jan. Yep I realise I will get little time the 1st day, but hoping to make it up the next day. Plan is to start off for San Jose in the afternoon.

So will the quota be over by 2?

NY
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visitor quota

The way the quota works is counting the number of people in the park at the same time. People start leaving in the afternoon, so more people are allowed in. On holidays / weekends the quota is even higher. It was 850 on New Year's weekend last year. On the 31st we got there at 8:30am and there was a line of at least 50 people waiting to get in, not being allowed in. We were told we would need to wait until afternoon or come back earlier the next day. We figured the park would be empty on Jan. 1st (after the big celebration they had) but there were already a lot of people by 8am, although we made it in. I would suggest you go to the park that afternoon and check - what are you loosing by trying? Definitely come back the next morning. By the way, if you are going to get a guide they have tickets that get you in at any time without waiting. But we saw plenty without the extra cost of a guide, so I wouldn't do it just for the convenience.

usa
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visitor quota

Thanks for this info! I will definitely be taking a guide, so looks like I will be ok ;-)

Thanks!

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
138 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visitor quota

So what is the cost of a Guide. What are the pluses?

6. Re: Visitor quota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, August 24, 2009