We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Early May?

Level Contributor
230 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Early May?

Looking to go for a week to Manual Antonio the first week of May. How much and when does it rain that time of year? Wondering if we will be able to enjoy some beach and pool time.

Thanks!

Ucity

San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Early May?

May is usually a transition month between the dry months into the green season. Moreover, this has been a very different year (weather related) in Costa Rica. We haven't had much rain in general. Now, if we stick to the usual weather line for that month rains should have started by then. I love that time of the year! It cools off a little from the hotter summer months and provides an opportunity to go out and enjoy the warm rains. Typically we see sunshiny mornings and afternoon short showers…but of course, you never know in the Tropics!!! You will be able to enjoy the pool and the beach! No worries

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
978 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Early May?

I agree with the above....it's a great time of year.....one of my favorites!

Tulemar Dave

San Francisco...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Early May?

Hello! I am planning to stay in MA from April 26 to May 3. I want to stay mostly on the beach and visit park along with snorkling and ziplining. But weather predictions websites say there wil be showers and thunderstorms Do you think it will be raining all day and night? Maybe it is better to change dates?

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Early May?

This is one of the best times to visit, most of the rain is in the evenings and nights. Ignore the internet, it always says rain here! Enjoy!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Early May?

LivNLarge is correct. Ignore the internet as it will always say rain this time of year and it's just not true. I'm sure you'll have plenty of sun. Usually in the mornings, which is better because the sun can be brutal here in the afternoons...remember it's close to the equator!

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Early May?

Around what time in the afternoon does it typically rain? I too am coming to Tulemar, Manuel Antonio during these dates, and would like to know so I can book our excursions in order to avoid rain. A lot of the excursions have 1:30 options. Do you think we would typically see rain during this time?

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather Early May?

Around what time in the afternoon does it typically rain? I too am coming to Tulemar, Manuel Antonio during these dates, and would like to know so I can book our excursions in order to avoid rain. A lot of the excursions have 1:30 options. Do you think we would typically see rain during this time?

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
978 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather Early May?

We usually suggest going on the early morning tours for this time of year.....much less chance of rain......the ones that start at 1:30 could last until 4:30-5:00 PM......and you could have showers.....especially if you're up in the mountains.

Tulemar Dave

Versailles, France
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather Early May?

Hi!

We made the Manuel Antonio Tour this morning... under the heaviest rain I've ever seen! My phone was about to die while taking pictures!

We haven't seen the sun more than 15 minutes since we came here yesterday.

We will leave Manuel Antonio tomorrow to the Caribbean cost, weather looks better there according to the Costa Rican weather site.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather Early May?

May 4 and May 5 beautiful typical May weather with plenty of sun in Manuel Antonio. Its the Tropics my friends, they can't all be perfect days!! Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio