We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timarai Bamboo Resort

New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Timarai Bamboo Resort

Anyone heard of this place? Any helpful info?

Thanks

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Timarai Bamboo Resort

I believe that this resort is located on playa palo seco which you would access through the town of Parrita. This is generally a sucluded beach but can be a dangerous beach , 2 months past 4 people drowned here. Drive time to Manuel Antonio is 1 hour. fishingjohn

Mentioned in this post
Parrita
Parrita
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Timarai Bamboo Resort

Yes thats the one thanks. The hotel said 30 min to MA. Maybe it is a bit far if it is an hour?? Is there anything going on in Parrita? restaurants etc? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Parrita
Parrita
quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Timarai Bamboo Resort

There are a few sodas but nothing upscale that I like. I live about ten minutes outside parrita so I drive through every day. Nightlife in parrita doesnt exist. fishingjohn

New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Timarai Bamboo Resort

Thanks. So do you think it is not a good idea to stay at Timarai?

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Timarai Bamboo Resort

This all depends on how much services and attractions you want at your fingertips, because Parrita and playa palo seco have very little. It is at least an hr. to Manuel Antonio from this hotel. fishingjohn

Mentioned in this post
Parrita
Parrita
New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Timarai Bamboo Resort

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!! Do you know anyone who has stayed at the resort? or have you seen it?

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Timarai Bamboo Resort

I have never stayed here but have driven past it several times. There is the beach 150 meters in front of the resort and the estuary 30 meters behind the resort, the general area around is everything from poverty to upscale, the beach is clean and long in both directions and many days you will have it to yourselves. fishingjohn

Manhattan
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Timarai Bamboo Resort

Hi,

BEWARE OF THIS RESORT.

Several months ago I made reservations at Timarai. Two days after I made the reservations I had to cancel my trip, I contacted Timarai immediately to cancel my reservation. They assured me there would be no problem and that they would refund my money quickly. Three months have passed, I have had countless phone call and e-mail excahnges with them and I still have not received a refund, despite their constant promise to do so. I had the utmost patience and was very understanding of the fact that they do things differently and on a different time frame in Costa Rica. However, I now believe that the people who work at and own the resort are theives and pray on unknowing tourists.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
nj
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Timarai Bamboo Resort

we maybe staying at the timarai bamboo resort next month. is there anything to do at t he resort. how is the pool. our other choice is the punta leona but the leonomar suites which i hear has construction by it. or is it worth an extra 3 hundred dollars to go to los suenos the marriot

10. Re: Timarai Bamboo Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 15, 2009