We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

white water rafting with 5 yr old with amigos del rio

burnpur
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
white water rafting with 5 yr old with amigos del rio

Amigo's del rio takes 6 yr olds for white water river rafting on Savegre river.

We mentioned to him that our kids is 5yr .. They were confident that he could do it and it would all be safe. We agreed and booked the tour

We are on for it tomorrow but now I am scared.

Please advise

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,231 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: white water rafting with 5 yr old with amigos del rio

I am a former river guide...IMHO...is way to risky to take such a young person...no matter what a good swimmer she or he can be... of course is possible...but not worth it to take that risk...

roadadvisor

Edited: 11:22 pm, December 27, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
10,536 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: white water rafting with 5 yr old with amigos del rio

I'm with roadadvisor on this one. Whitewater rafting Is inherently dangerous and no place for a 5 year old. I have been on rafting trips where the frightened youngsters made everyone else miserable listening to them and they were 10-12 years old - not 5.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: white water rafting with 5 yr old with amigos del rio

I agree with the other two.....this is not Disneyland......this is the real world and things happen.....you can't stop this ride and get off if a child is scared.......I trust Amigos del Rio completely......but I wouldn't bring a 5 year old for the reasons above......you will not enjoy the trip worrying about their safety.

Tulemar Dave

Mentioned in this post
Amigos Del Rio
Amigos Del Rio
882 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Tulemar Bungalows & Villas
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,697 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
4. Re: white water rafting with 5 yr old with amigos del rio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 30, 2014