We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulemar Bungalows & Villas or Arenas del Mar Beachfront

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tulemar Bungalows & Villas or Arenas del Mar Beachfront

Traveling in January with wife and 18 year old boy. Thanks for any input!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
882 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulemar Bungalows & Villas or Arenas del Mar Beachfront

There is really no such thing as beachfront at Arenas Del Mar. If this is your desire, neither are actually beachfront. Both offer ocean views, but you are not beachfront. I haven't stayed at Tulemar, but I have stayed at Arenas Del Mar. I felt this place wasn't sure of whether it wanted to be a luxury resort or a green environmentally friendly resort. We weren't very happy with this resort, but others seem to rave about it. I guess it depends on what you are use to and what you expect for a resort of this price range.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulemar Bungalows & Villas or Arenas del Mar Beachfront

Both are fabulous, though I think your 18 yr old would enjoy Tulemar more as it is centrally located and has more access to young adults his age. Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,406 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulemar Bungalows & Villas or Arenas del Mar Beachfront

In your case...Tulemar...just be aware of some incredible pushy concierge people...they will try to sell you tours and services all day long...

roadadvisor

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulemar Bungalows & Villas or Arenas del Mar Beachfront

Tulemar gets tons of great reviews, and they offer "perks" such as "beach concierge serivce" (drive to and from the beach, lounge chairs, umbrella, and packed cooler).

You should talk to TripAdvisor member, "TulemarDave". You can find him around this forum, but he may not post in this thread because it could be considered advertising (against the rules).

Send him a PM and he will give you a number to call him.

Quepos, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulemar Bungalows & Villas or Arenas del Mar Beachfront

Tulemar beats Arenas del Mar in

Customer Service

Perks

And just to let you know: None of them are actual beach front, their more into the Ocean View Category...

although Tulemar offers trasnportation to the actual beach wich by the way is really nice and sort of private.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
981 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tulemar Bungalows & Villas or Arenas del Mar Beachfront

Thanks The~PuRa~VidA~ for the kind remarks and explanation.....congrats on your 1000 post....yikes....that's a lot.....always available for a private message for advice kpac2222.....and roadadvisor.....if one of the Tulemar or Buena Vista concierges is a problem......please let me know.....that is not acceptable.....thanks!

Tulemar Dave

`

Quepos, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tulemar Bungalows & Villas or Arenas del Mar Beachfront

The location of Tulemar is nice, you can walk to restaurants, the local "plaza" soccer field, and some shops. The "private" beach is great too. Lots of different options to pick from too, small bungalows to large houses. Arenas Del Mar seems to be more of a couples destination, and the resort itself is more secluded, all they do have access to the Playitas part of the public Manuel Antonio beach. If you choose Arenas you might want a rental car, so you don't feel like you are stuck at the resort or the beach. Taxis from Arenas into town can be quite expensive!

8. Re: Tulemar Bungalows & Villas or Arenas del Mar Beachfront

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 06, 2014