We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartments to rent?

USA
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Topic
apartments to rent?

First time to Costa Rica, hubby and I have selected Manuel Antonio as our primary destination - we'll probably do day trips from here. A couple of questions please..

1) Knowing that MA is very touristy, we wondered if we could rent an apartment as opposed to a hotel, where we could walk to the beach/into town/explore on foot etc and get a feel for the locals and culture?

2) Any places that we could visit a few hours from MA, bearing in mind that we wish to make the apartment our base?

Thanks so much,

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartments to rent?

You'll find many options avail. in the MA/Quepos area for rentals. Search VRBO, FlipKey and Homeaway for starters. Also www.quepolandia.com is a monthly publication which locals often advertise short and long term rentals. Additionally, the EcoApartments in MA Estates rent by the week. You'll get a feel for the locals by doing some shopping in Quepos, going to the feria (public fruit/veg market) on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, and people watching at the beach on Sunday. Hope it helps!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
331 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartments to rent?

You can find many hotels/condos/apartment in Manuel Antonio here: southerncostarica.biz/Manuel-Antonio/…

Compare price.

In MA, I really like the National Park and the public beach.

To eat at night, I love El Avion to see the sunset.

I did a catamaran tour and it was real fun! Snorkeling included.

USA
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: apartments to rent?

Thanks for your responses.

4. Re: apartments to rent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio