We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proof of marriage required to stay at Arenas del Mar?!

Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Proof of marriage required to stay at Arenas del Mar?!

I am interested in staying at the Arenas del Mar, which is supposed to be a great hotel. But they say that "Couples wishing to share a room must provide proof of marriage". Does anyone know what the heck is up with that? I'm in my 40's and if I want to travel with my girllriend it is nobody's business. This isn't 1820 nor it is Saudi Arabia. Anyone know if this is actually enforced? I can't find anyone discussing it through google...

San Jose, Costa Rica
6 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Proof of marriage required to stay at Arenas del Mar?!

Dear Praxus,

thanks for your question about your possible stay at Arenas del Mar. This is Arenas del Mar Management and the Cayuga Collection www.cayugaonline.com which manages the hotel chipping into the discussion. You are right, we are a great hotel and we are certain you and your girlfriend will have a great stay with us. We are not aware of where the rule is posted that we require proof or marriage. This is not true. Let us know and we will correct this. An important other thing to explain is that yes, we are very strict on not allowing prostitution at the hotel and we are a very tolerant hotel that does not discriminate against anybody. We look forward to your visit with us. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at operations@arenasdelmar.com or hans@cayugaonline.com. Saludos from Manuel Antonio.

Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Proof of marriage required to stay at Arenas del Mar?!

Hi thanks for posting. I'll drop a google link here you can use to find all the hotel booking sites that show the proof of marriage requirement for your hotel:

http://bit.ly/10EzRoO

Edited: 11:18 pm, April 06, 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
6 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Proof of marriage required to stay at Arenas del Mar?!

Thanks. Wow, this was quite an exchange... all clear now. We look forward to having you stay with us and will make sure that the third party takes this mistake off their website. Pura vida.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
734 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Proof of marriage required to stay at Arenas del Mar?!

Good for Cayuga and Arenas del Mar for clarifying and addressing this very bad information...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Proof of marriage required to stay at Arenas del Mar?!

Great now we all can go...

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
6 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Proof of marriage required to stay at Arenas del Mar?!

Thanks. By the way, lots of people get enganged at Arenas del Mar. It is a very romantic place after all...

Upala, Costa Rica
7 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Proof of marriage required to stay at Arenas del Mar?!

Seems ridiculous!! How many couple travel with a copy of their marriage certificate? Many women keep their maiden names...

Upala, Costa Rica
7 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Proof of marriage required to stay at Arenas del Mar?!

Duplicate.

Edited: 5:29 pm, April 08, 2013
29. Re: Proof of marriage required to stay at Arenas del Mar?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 10, 2014