We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

We are driving to Quepos Saturday morning, tomorrow 3/16, and are unsure about the best time to leave. I would opt for an early departure, say 6 am, to beat the traffic. On the other hand, should we instead wait until the traffic has (hopefully) passed and leave at 10 am. I think I would rather get there early and have more time to play at the beach and visit MA. Your best advice is most appreciated!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
855 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

A lot will depend on accommodations.....will they be accessible early or later in the day.....or does that even matter......I don't think that the traffic will be a big factor (yes, earlier there will be less).......but I do enjoy getting an early start on the day.....so come on over early!

Tulemar Dave

Boston...
Level Contributor
11 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

Hi, as daylight is the same all yr round, I'd lean toward 6-6:30am and beat ALL traffic...the hyway from SJ to MA is fairly brand new and we made it from LaFortuna area to MA area in about 2-3 hrs (not counting the time it took to get to the SJ area to get on the hyway to MA). Once you hit the Jaco area, it becomes a 2-lane road and it'll be closer to 11am and more traffic, esp on weekend...hope this helps. Keep Trvlin

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

Sorry to be so late in thanking you for your insights. We made it to Quepos without a hitch and had a wonderful time.

4. Re: Best time to leave SJ for Manuel A on Saturday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 28, 2014