We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh fish to cook

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Fresh fish to cook

Wondering if there is a fresh fish market or any other place where I can buy fresh caught fish to cook at my vacation rental? We are staying in Manuel Antonio. Thanks again!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh fish to cook

If you are driving from San Jose...great place to buy fresh fish and shrimp LA COOPERATIVA in Tarcoles beach...incredible good prices...but you can also find some great fresh fish in Quepos!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
934 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh fish to cook

There are several fresh fish markets in Quepos.....ask your house manager/concierge for their favorite and directions to find it.....enjoy your stay!

Tulemar Dave

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fresh fish to cook

In Quepos, Martec inside the public market next to the bus station (and across from SuperMas). Excellent fish! Also just south of the Tarcoles is the Co-op that roadadvisor suggested. (I second that recommendation.) I've also purchased excellent fresh fish at Pescadora LaPista (next to Steve and Lisa's) in the Tarcoles region also. The fish is great here! Enjoy!

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fresh fish to cook

They sell fresh and frozen fish at Super Joseth in Manuel Antonio, otherwise, Martec in the Central Market of Quepos, or there are 2 other fish markets in Quepos on the road with Banco Popular. Enjoy!

5. Re: Fresh fish to cook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...