We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Preserve at Los Altos Manuel Antonio?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
189 posts
270 reviews
Save Topic
The Preserve at Los Altos Manuel Antonio?

Has anyone stayed here and did you enjoy your stay?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
948 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Preserve at Los Altos Manuel Antonio?

My family and I stayed there for a few days in November. The units are HUGE and beautiful, lots of room which was nice with two kids with us. It really is a beautiful resort, and the service is excellent. No problem with kids here, there were several families. We selected the resort based on price, believe it or not. We needed a two or three-bedroom, and this was more economical than renting 2 or 3 hotel rooms, and we didn't want to rent a condo or villa since we would only be there 3 nights. (We own and rent a condo near Tamarindo, and know the drill, but even so, it is just easier to have a restaurant/etc on site when you will only be there a few days.) The only thing is, Los Altos isn't very jungle-y, if that is what you're looking for, it is I believe 5 stories, which is tall for MA (for anywhere in Costa Rica) and I wanted to have a problem with that, but the building is below the road and therefore NOT a highrise from the street or obtrusive in any way. It is just a bit more manicured than we are accostomed to at MA. We have stayed at Costa Verde a half dozen times, and at Si Como No once, and both feel a bit more tropical. That said, Costa Verde closed their Anaconda restaurant and bar, so the whole main lodge seems weird now. Anyway, I do recommend Los Altos very much. The units, service, pool area, bar and restaurant are all excellent. Very few places are that close to the main beach anyway, and parking down near the park and beaches is easy.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
189 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Preserve at Los Altos Manuel Antonio?

Thank you rmaria! We would really like a more jungle setting since this is our first visit and because I think the kids would really enjoy it. Have you heard anything about La Posado Jungle Bungalows? They have a 2 bedroom room that looks fantastic and is close to the park entrance. I also found a great 3 bedroom home about 10 min away that has more of a jungle setting and is very reasonable. About the same price as La Posado and cheaper than Los Altos and Si Como No. We really want separate room or I would not hesitate to book Si Como No. Thank you for you response!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,184 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Preserve at Los Altos Manuel Antonio?

La Posada is nice and simple not way to comapare it with Los Altos...you may check...Buena Vista Villas and Casas...more like Los Altos ...high end...nice place...a lot of wild life...nice beach..

roadadvisor

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
189 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Preserve at Los Altos Manuel Antonio?

Thanks roadadvisor! I have checked into them and the only 2 bedrooms they have are villas at about $500 a night. There is a 1 bedroom for almost $400 but for us I don't feel it's worth it. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
189 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Preserve at Los Altos Manuel Antonio?

Thanks roadadvisor! I have checked into them and the only 2 bedrooms they have are villas at about $500 a night. There is a 1 bedroom for almost $400 but for us I don't feel it's worth it. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Preserve at Los Altos Manuel Antonio?

Los Altos is really nice with a good central location, but it is true that they descimated the jungle to build their ugly buildings. I think you would be happier at your other choices at La Posada or even a private home. Si Como No is nice, but no tv's and that can be a deal breaker for families. Enjoy!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
189 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Preserve at Los Altos Manuel Antonio?

Thank you for your replies and suggestions!

8. Re: The Preserve at Los Altos Manuel Antonio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 07, 2014