We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
189 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Hello! This will be our first trip to CR and we are all very excited! We will be traveling with our two children ages 15 & 11. We will be driving a rental car down from Arenal/Monteverde. My problem is that I can't choose between La Posada (The Villa Casa), The Falls (apartment), or Tulemar Bungalows(1 bedroom, no balcony). We all LOVE wildlife and want to feel like we are in our own little paradise. I do like that La Posada and The Falls include breakfast and a washer/dryer, they both have balconies, and a pool. The reviews for all 3 are outstanding so it's not helping. I fell in love with Tulemar because of it's location but we would not have privacy from the children, breakfast, or a balcony to enjoy the wildlife. On the other hand we would have a private beach and wildlife right outside our door! Ugh! Any feedback on those that have stayed at La Posada or The Falls will be greatly appreciated! For those that have stayed at Tulemar without a balcony, did you miss it?? Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows & Villas
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,667 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
893 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Sorry i can't answer your question, but I'd love to hear what you decided upon your return and what you'd recommend. We have the same question and are headed there in April. Thanks!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

If your family is renting a car definitely Tulemar is what you are looking for your family vacation. Close to many great restaurants and to the supermarket, maybe you can find a villa with two bedrooms to resolve the privacy issue. You cant compare Tulemar with Falls or La Posada, (Falls and Posada they are just average cheap hotels in the area)

Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,667 Reviews
guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

I personally like Parador , which is not on your list.

Mentioned in this post
Parador Resort and Spa
Parador Resort and Spa
2,692 Reviews
Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Tulemar fits the bill, though the room will feel very small with that many people and no balcony, so best to keep that in mind. After that, I would lean towards La Posada for the convenience to the park and walking to beaches. The Falls is a good central location, but the kids will likely enjoy a location closer to beaches, which brings me back to Tulemar. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,667 Reviews
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,025 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

I will choose Tulemar...

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,667 Reviews
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

I'd also look at Villas Nicolas...

Mentioned in this post
Villas Nicolas
Villas Nicolas
402 Reviews
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
6,403 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

La Posada has a lot of wildlife since its next-door neighbor (as in separated only by a fence) is the national park. Very cute, charming, more of a beach bungalow vibe than luxe hotel, but you certainly wouldn't be roughing it.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
189 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

Thank you for the feedback everyone! It has been very helpful. We are not necessarily looking for high end but really want a "feel" for Costa Rica and it's wildlife. We live in Florida and drive 10m to the beach so that is something that wouldn't bother us. I think the most important for us is being in a location with a "jungle" feel, close (walking or driving within 10 minutes) to restaurants and shopping, separate rooms if possible, and something to do in the room ( sit on the porch, watch a movie, etc) if/when it rains in the evening. This will be the last part of our Costa Rica trip so we want a little comfort with the feel of CR if that makes sense :) Again, thank you for the feedback!!!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Florida
Florida
United States
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
189 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

hearnold I'll let you know what we decide when we finally make a decision! Where else will you be going in CR? We are also visiting the Arenal/La Fortuna area and Monteverde. Can't wait!!!

Mentioned in this post
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
893 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
189 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Posada, The Falls, or Tulemar Bungalow???Feedback please

We decided on The Falls. I booked the apartment with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It fit what my family needs perfectly and the glowing reviews here on Tripadvisor helped seal the deal. La Posada was a close second but we didn't want to be that close to the entrance of the park our whole stay. Tulemar seemed like it was going to be too small and did not have a balcony or separate rooms. If we wanted something larger in Tulemar it was going to more than double in price. We plan on spending time outside enjoying was CR has to offer so for us the cost didn't seem justified. Same thing with Los Altos when I was thinking of staying there. Lastly I had looked into renting a house and it was a great deal but we are only here for a short time and want to experience all the Manuel Antonio has to offer, especially the people! I can honestly say that CR has so many wonderful options depending on your needs. I feel that The Falls will fit our top "needs" those being 2 separate rooms, jungle/forest feel (nice fauna), close to restaurants and activities, a small pool to cool off in, a nice porch for those rainy nights, a small kitchen, and a washer/dryer for the end of our trip. 141 days and it will not get here fast enough!

Edited: 12:31 pm, February 06, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,667 Reviews
Los Altos Resort
Los Altos Resort
659 Reviews
Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio