We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Hotel Parador that horrible??

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swampscott...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Is Hotel Parador that horrible??

My husband and i are currently booked at Hotel Parador fo our anniversary in May.

After reading the reviews on this website I am seriously considering switching to Hotel Si Como No.

The reviews are pretty bad!!!

Is that hotel realyl that bad? We were drawn to the hotel because its a full service resort. A few pools to choose from, few restaurants, amazing ocean and jungle views, beautiful grounds, etc.

most of the complaints seem to be about their customer service, or lack of.

That the hotel seems pretty dated, motel 6 like.

!?!?!? thoughts? opinions?

I want to have a wonderful time and your experience at the hotel can pretty much make or break your vacation.

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Hotel Parador that horrible??

I didn't stay there so can't comment on its service. However, it is isolated from all other hotels and restaurants in Manuel Antonion down an extremely rough bumpy road. Personally, I would want to be close enough to walk to other restaurants. Si Como No is much better located.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Hotel Parador that horrible??

I didn't stay there either, but had a very tough time making a reservation there and communicating with their reservations reps. I was very disappointed at the time, but am very happy that we ended up staying at Si Como No.

A few weeks ago when we were in Costa Rica, we met other couples that were staying at Hotel Parador and they seemed to be enjoying their stay. I didn't hear any negative comments at all about the hotel. If you already made a reservation, I am not sure you can switch with out losing some money.

Enjoy your trip

Laura

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Hotel Parador that horrible??

a lot of us locals are not impressed by their attitudes up their

washington dc
Level Contributor
34 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Hotel Parador that horrible??

I have stayed at Hotel Parador and wrote a poor review. The hotel is at the end of a bumpy road, making it a necessity to rent a car (which is a plus at any resort in the area), but it is nice to be a little secluded. Hotel Parador is outdated, the less expensive rooms are very old, and the service is not up to par. The setting of the hotel is very pretty, but all the hotels in the area have beautiful views. Hotel Parador is large, caters to groups, so it may not be the ideal spot for a anniversary vacation. I would personally recommend Makanda for a truly memorable experience, but Si Como No is also a very nice place to stay and on a different level from Hotel Parador.

Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...