We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transportation companies you recommend

Homer Glen, Illinois
Level Contributor
144 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Private transportation companies you recommend

We are looking for private transportation companies who go from Miguel Antonio to the Lost Iguana by La Fortuna. We want to avoid renting a car if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,099 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private transportation companies you recommend

Odyssey Tours (Diego and Alvaro) - info@odysseytourscr.com

Oscar Chavarria - oscardrivercr@gmail.com

Willy - w_opciones@yahoo.com

Wilson - wilson_elsy@yahoo.com

Carlos Bogarin - encantados@ice.co.cr

Danny Jimenez - crdannytravels@yahoo.com

Leo Rodriguez - leratravelcr@yahoo.com

Juan Carlos and Rubier - tjtransfers@gmail.com

Tucan Limousines (Luis) - rocio@tucanlimoservices.com

Luis, Danny, & Wilson I think get the most reviews here in the forum, all good drivers from what I know. Have heard Danny has WiFi in his vehicles now.

Cheers

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private transportation companies you recommend

Wow....Incabod did it all.....what a great list......we use Luis at Tucan Limo and they do a great job for us!

Tulemar Dave

Homer Glen, Illinois
Level Contributor
144 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private transportation companies you recommend

Wow! Thanks a lot! You guys are the best!

Heather

Ocean County, NJ
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private transportation companies you recommend

We used Luis from Tucan Limo our last visit and Danny Jiminez in the past. We enjoyed both...the nice thing about Luis is he accepts credit card payments, the nice thing about Danny is that his guy will stop @ a local eatery on your way to the hotel. Tucan Limo did NOT and we were STARVING by the time we got to the hotel. I would use either our next trip, but I would definately ask to stop for lunch...there's a super yummy place on the water on the right a few KMs past the crocodile bridge...Happy planning!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Private transportation companies you recommend

CloudyDae on a private transfer I see no reason for the driver to deny a stop along the way to have a quick meal etc, as long as it does not mean a detour from the route.

Quintana Roo, Mexico
Level Contributor
571 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private transportation companies you recommend

We're using Tucan Limo for our trip coming October. On the voucher it says the driver would make brief stops for restrooms and picture taking but if you would them to stop for lunch, it's $30 per hour.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private transportation companies you recommend

i've used tucan several times. great people and great service.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Private transportation companies you recommend

I have used many private transfers (Not with the company mentioned) and I have never been charged for a lunch stop. I would not want to wait until I get to a hotel on a long transfer or a late morning transfer (I would understand if the stop takes over an hour but hardly ever does). Anyway I guess each company has different policies in that matter.

Edited: 11:02 pm, April 28, 2012
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
130 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private transportation companies you recommend

Danny Jimenez has wi-fi in his van and he does not charge for a lunch stop.

Ocean County, NJ
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private transportation companies you recommend

Karin, We enjoyed Tucan Limo but our voucher stated the same and as I would again use Tucan, it was a bad idea to start to our trip not stopping for lunch, as everyone was grumpy and starving upon arrival. The perk to Tucan is you can use a credit card.

We have also used Danny Jiminez and thoroughly enjoyed his service. With Danny, it seemed that he wanted to make the trip an experience...hence stopping for an authentic lunch and stopping for picture opportunities if we saw anything we liked, like the Macaws around Hermosa Beach.

We also have used another service (forget the name) and we stopped for lunch as well, both times we've lunched, we paid for the driver's meal.

All that being said, with whichever service you use, there's no guarantee which driver you will get and how much English they will speak. Again, we would utilize any of the services again.

Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio