We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

la miraposa vs si como no in manuel antonio

Boston
11 posts
Save Topic
la miraposa vs si como no in manuel antonio

which hotel is better in the manuel antonio area?

calgary, ab
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: la miraposa vs si como no in manuel antonio

SiComoNo, hands down beautiful!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: la miraposa vs si como no in manuel antonio

La Mariposa is absolutely gorgeous. the food is great... the bar and the view and everything was fabulous! I don't think you can go wrong with either hotel, but my pick would be Mariposa. Actually, hopefully I am not confusing you even more, but even BETTER than those two is Makanda By the Sea. A villa there - AWESOME. It is a little more expensive though. Check out all 3 websits and go with your gut :o) Either way - you will LOVE Manuel Antonio!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: la miraposa vs si como no in manuel antonio

You should check out the Mango Moon www.mangomoon.net

It's on the same street as the other high end resorts, without all the pomp and fuss. It has a private beach and access to great tour guides. The staff there is the best! We will definitely stay there again.

Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: la miraposa vs si como no in manuel antonio

La Mariposa and Si Como No have many amenities. Si Como No has two pools, Jacuzzi, well-maintained private trails and two very good restaurants as well as a butterfly garden, movie theatre, etc. La Mariposa has a nice pool, beautiful views and a good restaurant as well. Mango Moon is a B and B with no amenities except for a small pool.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: la miraposa vs si como no in manuel antonio

Yes, the amenities, besides breakfast, are slight at the Mango Moon.... BUT, while in CR, does one want to stay at a resort and swim in a pool? The hospitality was fantastic, and the access to excellent, local tour guides really enhanced our vacation. Our trip to CR was my 1st attempt at staying away from first-class resorts where you might feel tempted to hibernate (ie: Peninsula, St. Regis), and we had a fantastic time. You won't get off cheap - our 8 night trip was over $6,000 USD, but we were able to experience a more genuine local experience than if we stayed at a commercial type resort. That is, with the exception, of the Flamingo Beach Resort - Don't stay there !!

Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: la miraposa vs si como no in manuel antonio

We are staying at the Tulemar Villas. This is the web site-

http://www.buenavistavillas.net.

We are a family of five and it seems perfect for us.

Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: la miraposa vs si como no in manuel antonio

I think it comes down to personal preferences and value. If you are paying close to the same price at all three places, choose the one with the amenities (or lack thereof) that are of most interest to you.

Many of us do enjoy swimming laps in a pool, particularly those who come from colder climates ;)

Happy travels!

Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio