We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How accurate is the weather forecast???

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
265 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
How accurate is the weather forecast???

OK Im going to CR tomorrow and checked the forecast for the week...apparently its supposed to rain and thunderstorm every day. The average rainfall for the entire month of Feb is 1.42 inches how is it raining the entire week? I looked at like 10 different forecasts and they ALL say rain. is this normal? Or is it my sh*tty luck?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How accurate is the weather forecast???

Don't know where you're going but it hasn't rained in our neck of the woods (Nicoya Peninsula) in about two months.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How accurate is the weather forecast???

Apologies - you posted this in the MA forum. Don't know how it's been there but it tends to be only slightly more wet than up here...

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How accurate is the weather forecast???

I have yet to find a decent site with accurate forecasts for CR. Every year I look and it says the same thing - thunderstorms, every day. Yet when I go it barely rains. I think it's more a CYA thing, as it rain is always possible.

Minneapolis...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How accurate is the weather forecast???

Lovesublime,

I see that from your post you have already left for CR. I would love to know how the weather is. We are leaving on Feb 25th..and same deal...weather looks horrible. I will be there a month, so I am assuming that it will be good at some point, but my poor husband only has 10 days there, and then has to leave. If you get a chance post and let me know how it has been.

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How accurate is the weather forecast???

Well, after it had been sunny for months, last night saw some very unseasonable rains in parts of Guanacaste. It is still overcast.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,836 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How accurate is the weather forecast???

Yesterday we spoke to a friend who are in Manuel Antonio now. Has been since the beginning of January and has been coming for about 10 years. he said that although there have been some overcast days, it hasn't rained during his stay. He did mention that it hasn't been as hot as past years - but still very nice.

raquel

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How accurate is the weather forecast???

Rained hard last night, was that predicted?

Minneapolis...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How accurate is the weather forecast???

As far as I can see...from multiple weather reports it is supposed to be raining everyday for about two weeks! Not what I had expected!

Hopefully predicted wrong. I am in Minneapolis,and have had too many below zero days, and am looking for some fun, sun, and beach next week!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How accurate is the weather forecast???

Weather site from CR. www.imn.ac.cr/IMN/MainAdmin.aspx…

Manuel Antonio is considered Central Pacific. Next five days indicate chance of isolated showers in the afternoon and not a rainy day event. Enjoy your trip! Lisa

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
265 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How accurate is the weather forecast???

Hi All! Well upon our arrival on the 18th, it was POURING in San Jose. Sansa cancelled all flights so we hired a driver to bring us to M.A., torrential downpour the whole way.

As soon as we got to M.A. it stopped long enough for us to have dinner. That night it poured the whole night, HARD. Tues was overcast, wed am was gorgeous, wed afternoon the skies opened up yet again. The rest of the week was hot and sunny, typical of Feb in CR. We also had a few other rainy nights.

One thing I noticed the monkey sightings were scarce as compared to past years. Sad :(

Despite the rains and clouds I still managed a nice sunburn, haha.I guess I'd rather be in the rain in Costa Rica than in the snow anywhere else. We still had a great trip.

BTW whoever took over Barba Roja has really raised the bar. HIGHLY recommend it for sunset AND dinner.