We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio

florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Manuel Antonio

Could someone please tell me the traveling time between San Jose and Manuel Antonio, also recommended hotels in Manuel Antonio? Thank you

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,400 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Manuel Antonio

We stayed in Costa Verde and liked it very much. It is a large complex with several kinds of accommodations in separate buildings. Three pools. We had a bungalow on the hill with a view and monkeys playing in the trees. There is one building where children are not allowed. the restaurant is good and monkeys come play in the trees at dinner time. I suspect that they are fed by the staff about this time so they will come for a "show". The grounds are extensive and very scenic, with paths to walk between the areas.

We were in Costa Rica for three weeks. We have a daughter there, who was living in Tamarindo at the time. We flew from SJO to Tamarindo. Then, when we visited Manuel Antonio we flew. And we flew back to Tamarindo and rented a car for side trips from there and a trip to Arenal. Then flew back to SJO. In the meantime we hired drivers twice, once for a trip to Poas Volcano and another time for a trip to a volcano whose name I cannot remember right now, and a trip through more countryside.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Manuel Antonio

We returned from CR last week and drove ourselves in CR. MA to San Jose (or other way) can be around 3 to 3.5 hours without traffic on the MA-Quepos-Jaco-Ortinas-Atenas-San Jose route. However, just outside of Quepos, there are two single lane, very rickety bridges that look like they would collapse if your car went over it. Being single lane, these are big bottlenecks. We were stuck in a long line waiting to cross the bridge (while the opposing traffic crossed) for almost 1 hour and 15 mins making our travel time to San Jose about 5 hours.

florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Manuel Antonio

Thanks puter and ppardeshi for your input, I am learning from this and can now anticipate not only the negatives but the good as well. Good forum!

14. Re: Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 15, 2009