We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week in costa rica wiht little kids

denver
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
1 week in costa rica wiht little kids

We are going to Costa Rica in Feb with 3 little kids. Landing in SJO and then want to spend two days in arenal and 3 days in Manual A and then head back to SJO.

But I am wondering if Arenal is the right place to goto with little kids. For one thing, kids might be afraid of volcano ?

Should we spend 5 days in Manual A instead?

What are the best places to go with kids in CR ?

St. albert,Alberta
Level Contributor
921 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week in costa rica wiht little kids

With only 5 days, I would be tempted to stay in one place. Unless you're flying from MA to Arenal thats a lot of travel time.

With small kids, MA would be a good choice. You have the beach and the jungle/animal experience.

Arenal is a wonderful area but probably more adventure orientated.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week in costa rica wiht little kids

You can do Arenal and M.A very well with 5 days. The best is if you can have private drivers to take you from each place. There are a lot of nice thing to see betwen each place. At Arenal you want to try and get reservations at Los Lagos or Arenal Springs the two resort have their own hotspring. your kids will love that. At Manuel Antonio search for M.A national park tour spent the rest of the day inside the park afther the tour, Mangrove or a coast line boat tour. they are very good for little kids.

What are the dates of your visit.

Nature Guide

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
217 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week in costa rica wiht little kids

I would stay in MA for the 5 days if you have 3 small children. Your children might not appreciate the long and bumpy drive from one place to another. It takes five hours just from SJ to MA and then almost twice that from MA to Arenal. We drove all over Costa Rica and it was great, but we didn't have little ones with us. We're booked to go back, this time to MA and Mail Pais only. We're not bringing our daughter though. Say in MA and relax. There's tons of things to do and your kids will love it. They'd probably be fine just hanging out at a nice pool anyways! Si Como No has a great pool. You'll love MA.

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
217 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week in costa rica wiht little kids

Woops, I misspelled Mal Pais.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
115 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 week in costa rica wiht little kids

I agree with the other posters, five days, Manuel Antonio with small kids would be great fun. Beautiful beaches and walking around. Driving around in two different spots is very tiring. Arenal area is very nice, but is more for the adventurous..so you will be limited with small kids. M.A. has the beach and well, kids can entertain themselves for the most part and they will love all the wildlife all around. Both places are my favorite and with a ten day trip coming up for my family, we are spending five in M.A. as well!

Happy travels!

6. Re: 1 week in costa rica wiht little kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 15, 2009