We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions Needed

Texas
Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Opinions Needed

I am trying to plan a trip to Costa Rica in July. Travelers include myself, my husband, our 2 kids (15 and 9) and my parents. I was thinking of spending the first 3 nights in Arenal, and the last 4 in Manuel Antonio After researching, reading TA reviews, etc. I have narrowed it down to Buena Vista Villas ( definately my favorite), La Posada, and Si Como No.

Questions:

Buena Vista- how is the private beach? Is it safe for kids to swim, boogie board in? Also, I haven't been able to find many pics of the private beach. Does anyone have any to share? How close is it to Manuel Antonio Park? I know it's expensive- to those that have stayed there- did you think it was worth it?

La Posada- the price is definately right. And within walking distance to the back entrance. From what I have read, the best swimable beach is Playa Manuel Antonio. But, there are no umbrellas, chairs to lounge in, etc. Is this correct? Also, no water views. The owner and service sounds fantastic though!

Si Como No- sounds the most kid friendly. Is it close to MA park? Sounds like it is more spread out than the other places.

I would appreciate any comments or opinions- thanks so much!

madison wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Opinions Needed

I highly recommend La Posada!

United States
Level Contributor
64 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Opinions Needed

We just came home a few weeks ago from a week at Buena Vista Villas. We have three children ages 3-11 and were with another couple with their three children as well. We each stayed in a casa and it was WONDERFUL. The beach there is very private and perfectly fine for the kids. We saw monkeys and a boa while we were there our first day. I have been to MA before and stayed other places, but we will never stay anywhere but BVV now. It is that great.. I want to go back just to be in the beautiful casa!

walnut creek
Level Contributor
446 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Opinions Needed

We just stayed at a house in Tulemar that has access to the same beach that Buena Vista has. The beach is great. It is a small bay with mild water, and has a small bar and restaurant as well as free kayaks and chaise lounges to use. It is very pretty (not as much as Manuel Antonio, but hardly anything is as pretty as Manuel Antonio) It is absolutely a great beach for lounging around in between trips to the Manuel Antonio park.

Texas
Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Opinions Needed

So, is Buena Vista about a 5 min. taxi ride to Manuel Antonio Park, or is it farther than that?

United States
Level Contributor
64 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Opinions Needed

It is five minutes or less...nothing in MA is very far!

tennessee
Level Contributor
28 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Opinions Needed

Just got back from Buena Vista at Tulemar. We stayed in a 3 bedroom casas and you can read my review. Beach is fabulous, they have chairs, towels, boogie boards, sand toys, sea kayaks, etc, drinks and a grill. As in all beaches, watch the surf, big waves can sneak up on you! The beach is 100% private. There is a little creek running onto the beach, crabs everywhere, loads of tidal pools and rocks to climb along the sides of the beach. My kids are 2, 6 & 8. The pools are great as well. We give it 5 stars.

17. Re: Opinions Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 17, 2009