We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Costa Rica

Northern NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
October in Costa Rica

My husband & I would like to go to Costa Rica for our Anniversary. Our vacation is in October, and I've read that Oct & Nov are the wettest months, with downpours nearly every afternoon. Is this true? Is October really a bad time to visit? I know that it is "greeen season", but that could mean many things. We could definitely withstand some rain, but not constantly. We were considering the Manuel Antonio area....any advice?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,345 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October in Costa Rica

You are correct...a lot of rain...in October...immposible to said if rain will be at morning or afternoon...not a rule...it is green season...I have been living in Costa Rica all my life...if I give you some advice about our weather that will be terrible selfish of my part...thinking that since I am a costarican ...I can also predict the weather!!

R.A Luis

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October in Costa Rica

I don't know how drastic the difference is from September to October... I was in MA around Sept. 8-12th... the days were beautiful. Warm, sunny, and gorgeous. It rained one day, the last day, and that started around 4:30ish or 5. The thing is, by this time of day you are probably done with MOST of the activities like canopy tours, laying on the beach, etc. The sun rises very early... so you wake up at 6:30 or 7 feeling like you slept a long time and can be ready to go. It's awesome.

Again, I don't know if my experience was super rare, or how different it is in October, but I'd still go regardless. Actually, I'm looking into going again in Oct. or Nov. Flights from Florida are WAY CHEAP on American Airlines.

Good luck.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October in Costa Rica

Hardly any rain in Sunny South Carribean of Costa Rica in October.

See 5 years weather graph here and it will show you trends.

www.puertoviejosatellite.com/weather.php

4. Re: October in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 05, 2009