We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Choose between Pacific Paradise Resort and Mono Azul

San Francisco...
10 posts
Save Topic
Help Choose between Pacific Paradise Resort and Mono Azul

Hello All, We have our trip to Costa Rica coming up next week and I need help deciding hotel in Manuel Antonio. We have a booking a Mono Azul (Blue Monkey) for 4 days and having read a lot of good reviews about the place, I know its a good place to stay. However, I am travelling with family (wife and 2 kids) and I would really like breakfast to be included in the hotel. Mono Azul does not have breakfast option in my reservation but for the same price + $40, I can get a room in Pacific Paradise with breakfast included. I know its a newer hotel so not many reviews but any input would help. Is it worth changing to PP just for the breakfast? How much would breakfast cost outside if we stay at Mono Azul? Other option is we buy groceries and fix something.

2 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,828 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Choose between Pacific Paradise Resort and Mono Azul

Will you have a car?

I know nothing about pacific Paradise. But I checked the website and it says it is located outside of Quepos on the road to the airport. with a car its no issue. But otherwise to get to the MA area you would either have to rely on taxis or first take a bus into Quepos and then another to the park / beach area.

Mono Azul is right on the main road that runs between Quepos and MA. The bus comes by about 3 times an hour.

As for the cost of breakfast - it really depends where you go and what you have, At the sodas in the Quepos area or at places in Quepos like La Panera or La Cocina you can get a typical breakfast for from equivalent of about $5 to $7 per person.

At more touristy places in the MA area you may end up paying closer to $10 or even more.

Even though breakfast is not included in your stay, the Mono Azul does have a restaurant which according to their website is open for breakfast.

http://www.hotelmonoazul.com/

Contact them and ask for a breakfast menu to see what it is and what they charge. I doubt if it would come out to more than $40 per person

San Francisco...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Choose between Pacific Paradise Resort and Mono Azul

Yes I will have a car so that is not a problem. And the additional cost is $40 is breakfast for family of 4 for all 4 days, not just 1 person.

Reply to: Help Choose between Pacific Paradise Resort and Mono Azul
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted