We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather situation?

Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Current weather situation?

We are supposed to come to Costa Rica tomorrow through the 19th. We will be going to La Fortuna, Monteverde, Arenal and Manuel Antonio. I saw that there was very recently flash flood's and high winds which caused some devastation in the country. Should we be concerned about this at all? We still have the option to reschedule the trip if need be. We will be renting a car and doing the driving ourselves if that makes a difference.

Crossposted in the other locations forums as well. Thanks for the advice in advance!

10 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
340 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Current weather situation?

watching as I am flying to CR on 16th and back to L.A on 28th.. we will be in MA, Arenal, Monteverde and Playa Hermosa (Guanacaste)

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
79 reviews
2. Re: Current weather situation?

There have been high winds in the Central Valley (San Jose), Guanacaste and Limon areas over the last few days.....on Monday I was in San Jose and it was windy and seemed COLD but was actually about 60 degrees....lol....we drove back to Manuel Antonio and had no problems with the roads....(just some bridge work at Tarcoles)....but Manuel Antonio has been wonderful......warm.....a few showers in the late afternoon.....but nothing to ruin your stay.....come on down!

Tulemar Dave

Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Current weather situation?

Same for us.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
4. Re: Current weather situation?

Watching, fly out the 25th

Oak Park, Michigan
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
5. Re: Current weather situation?

I’ve been wondering about this as well. I will be around MA over the New Year and the forecast isn’t looking very favorable. Has it really been raining daily there? When I went in February this year, it was sunny and rain free every day. I figured late December/early January would be the same.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
79 reviews
6. Re: Current weather situation?

It hasn't rained for over a week......warm and sunny days.....cool evenings.....of course during this time of the year we usually do get some occasional afternoon or evening showers.....may I suggest you read the posts about the weather in MA and the internet weather sites......you'll understand.....enjoy your stay!

Tulemar Dave

Onalaska, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
73 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Current weather situation?

9 more sleeps......regardless of mild weather it will be better than Wisconsin!

Oak Park, Michigan
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
8. Re: Current weather situation?

#6- Thank you :) I found your post: “I repeat this so often.....the internet weather sites are wrong....wrong....wrong.....they almost always say rain everyday.....but it does not rain everyday.....all day long”

I’m glad to hear that. And thank you!!

#7- You’re right! And it’ll definitely be better than Michigan. I can’t wait!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
79 reviews
9. Re: Current weather situation?

Hi lindseykr.....thanks for posting one of my old rants.....lol.....no matter how many times we post those types of replies....it seems just 2 days later someone asks the same question......for those that live here and work daily with tourists.....it's one of those questions that pushes all of our buttons....people think their trip will be ruined.......the weather is an important part of every vacation.....but "rain" means so many different things to everyone.....I'm originally from Fresno......when it rains in Fresno it is COLD and you sit indoors by the fireplace.....you don't go out and you don't do tours......if it happens to rain here....it is still warm.....shorts and polo shirt and flip flops (I own one pair of long pants to use when I travel back to the US)........most tours still operate.....it is the perfect time to sit on your balcony....watch the rains over the ocean.....or read.....or take a nap.....or just talk.....then out for dinner and a fun evening.....sometimes it will rain for an hour or so.....sometime the rest of the night.....or nothing at all (we had about 8 drops of rain at 5:30 last night - lol)....that's our rain.

Tulemar Dave

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,670 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: Current weather situation?

I was there this morning we flew some people there ..>SPECTACULAR…some clouds around the mountains…but at the horizon…clear for miles…

roadadvisor

Reply to: Current weather situation?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted