We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

Newton...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

Hi

We are booked for Tulemar in April and trying to decide on activities. We have two kids ages 13 and 15 - active. Would love recommendations on the following proposed tours by Tulemar. We have 6 full days.

1. Canopy Safari

2. Quepo Canyoning

Do one or both of these?

3. Safari Truck tour

4. Sunset Sail for snorkeling? Any good?

5. Surfing lesson - girls know how to surf but love to learn more - worth it?

6. Horseback riding?

7. Waterfall tour?

8. Natural Park Tour with a guide?

Thanks! I don't want to be over booked but don't want to do things that are not worth it or unique.

14 replies to this topic
Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

Hi Liz....I just replied to the Private Message that you sent to me.....with my opinions on all the activities.....as I suggested in my message.....don't overbook.....you can always add tours later if you want more.....I also commented on the ones that are very unique and/or action oriented.....thanks for staying with us in Tulemar!

Tulemar Dave

Mohrsville...
Level Contributor
241 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

Your gonna miss one of the best activities.... enjoying The Tulemar property... beach .. pools ... cafe .. trails ... sloth walk ...and the wildlife ... add some down time to your list ..

Mohrsville...
Level Contributor
241 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

Some of the things on your list that I feel are a must do are the zip lining with Canopy Safari ... Safari Truck ... this will take you to some waterfalls and a cool swinging bridge ... add the sloth walk offered by Tulemar as well ... and probably the Park with a guide .... enjoy

England, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

I'd echo the above comments. Don't underestimate how much time you will want to spend in Tulemar. We stayed in August and had grand plans to do many activities - in the end we did the sloth walk onsite and the national park - rest of the time in the resort (although we had done a lot of activities before we arrived in MA).

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

Hi Liz.....did you receive my second Private Message?

Tulemar Dave

Boston...
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

We stayed at tulemar last February (kids same age as yours) and found that having one formal activity was just about right and gave us time to enjoy the amazing beach there. We did the canopy safari tour and it was great. Another day we did the sunset boat ride...ocean king, I think. I was a little leery of that because it's hardly "authentic Costa Rica," but it turned out to be a great time. The things I kind of looked down on as touristy and overdone were all new to the kids (they loved the unlimited drinks!), it was a beautiful ride, the snorkeling wasn't very good by Caribbean standards but again, it was to my kids! Jumping off the boat and using the slide were fun too.

One thing--do NOT miss the Sloth Walk at Tulemar!! It was truly amazing. We saw sloths close up, 3 kinds of monkeys, birds, other furry things.

Oh, just saw you're from Newton--we live in Medfield!

Edited: 12:53 pm, December 12, 2017
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,276 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

Many good tours out of Tulemar…enjoy them…Dave is a great person…

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

Thanks, roadadvisor.....and thanks Melanie L for your comments on The Sloth Walk at Tulemar.....presented by The Sloth Institute of Costa Rica......a wonderful 1.5 hour walk thru Tulemar....along the roads....the pathways.....the jungle.....spotting all the wildlife and learning about the rescue and release program this wonderful organization has developed.....there are actually 6 full time research assistants living in our jungle studying/tracking the sloths 24/7.....we are so proud to be a sponsor and partner.

Tulemar Dave

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,276 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

You are WELCOME Dave you deserve our words and even more…you are a great example of a great humble foreign person…doing great things for my country…we are very proud of people like you…Merry Xmas

roadadisor

canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family

We are at Tulemar next week.

Have booked whitewater rafting, ATVIng and a waterfall tour. We plan to go to the park on our own.

WHen is the sloth tour???

Reply to: Staying at Tulemar trying to decide on activities for family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted