We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What’s within walking distance from the falls hotel?

Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What’s within walking distance from the falls hotel?

Visiting in a few months. Have 3 free days of no activities .. besides going to the beach I am looking for suggestions on what there is todo around the falls hotel ? Anything within walking distance you’d recommend ? Food? What is there todo in the evenings.. any good sport bars or live music near my hotel ?

7 replies to this topic
Mohrsville...
Level Contributor
241 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What’s within walking distance from the falls hotel?

Nice centrally located hotel for bars / restaurants ... Cafe Milagro ... Agua Azul... Barba Roja ... all within walking distance ... The public beach is about a mile away ... taxi will cost about $ 6-7 US ... the bus will be about .60 cents or so .... your hotel concierge can set you up with tours ..

Edited: 1:55 pm, November 20, 2017
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What’s within walking distance from the falls hotel?

Ok thanks. Staying here for 6 nights. Hoping it’s not boring as the hotel is very small .. sounds like there’s lots to do around the area including beach..

Mohrsville...
Level Contributor
241 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What’s within walking distance from the falls hotel?

Alot more restaurants and bars then I mentioned within walking distance ... check out Quepos and the new marina as well ... or maybe the farmers market in Quepos Friday nights or Sat . mornings ... Just a few more options .

Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What’s within walking distance from the falls hotel?

K Thanks. Is it safe to walk on this stretch of road to get from hotel to different restaraunt ? Anyone know what time public bus runs during the day?

Not sure if I should have gotten a hotel down the hill closer to MA park- where is there more good food options .. in my area near falls or near park?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,178 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What’s within walking distance from the falls hotel?

The main Rd between the MA park and Quepos is not walking friendly, as it has no sidewalks, shoulders and has multiple twists and curves, making it impossible to see approaching vehicles. Public buses run fairly frequently, a few times an hour, and are inexpensive. A lot of locals and tourists use them. We paid in CRC.

As mentioned in an earlier post here, Quepos has a variety of restaurant choices. There are a lot of reviews of each on TA. There are also places along the main Rd, but you might need to take a bus or a taxi to get from one point to the next.

I do not think you will be bored with the variety of activities and tours advertised on your hotel's site: fallsresortcostarica.com/activities-and-guid… .

Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What’s within walking distance from the falls hotel?

How often does the bus run By ?

Does it run down to Manuel Antonio park and in to quepos ??

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,178 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What’s within walking distance from the falls hotel?

As mentioned in my earlier post here, "...Public buses run fairly frequently, a few times an hour,". They go between the end of the road where the park is and the town of Quepos. It makes a few stops on the way. In Quepos, there is a bus terminal. Buses from there also go to Uvita, SJ, etc.

Reply to: What’s within walking distance from the falls hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted