We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paddle 9 waterfall tour

Pflugerville, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Paddle 9 waterfall tour

Hi, I'm trying to decide if my husband and I want to do the full day waterfall tour with paddle 9 or just go exploring the waterfalls ourselves. I'm sure the tour is a blast but we kinda want to take our time and not be on a schedule with the tour. I only know one of the waterfalls they go to is cascada el pavon. Does anyone know the names of the other waterfalls they visit? Wasn't sure if they are on private land? Thanks for any info

9 replies to this topic
Pflugerville, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paddle 9 waterfall tour

Also, meant to mention that we aren't sure if we to be out a full day so would rather pick and choose which waterfalls we visit. Thanks again

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paddle 9 waterfall tour

About an hour from MA is Los Campesinos, it has 2 waterfalls. You need 4 x 4. See more here- twoweeksincostarica.com/7-things-to-do-manue…

I have noticed that Paddle 9 has over 400 reviews on TA, most Excellent- https:/…REVIEWS (and only some of those are 1-post wonders ;)

You can ask at what time they finish, but they say they pick up at 10, and it gets dark after 5, plus the tour includes a beach stop, so it is not really a full day, which is your concern, but looks like most of the day after breakfast.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,981 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paddle 9 waterfall tour

In your case and based on your information pay for the tour is not good idea….just go to the waterfalls and e joy the area in your own time…without people telling you what to do…if the waterfall is on private lands…most of the time you can pay some kind of fee and visit the falls.

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paddle 9 waterfall tour

I REALLY recommend the Paddle 9 tour.....yes it is a full day....but we haven't had a guest return yet that was not thrilled with the tour......when the Paddle 9 company first explained the tour to us.....I wasn't excited.....I thought it would be too long.....too much of the same thing......too many people.....I was wrong......our guests comment that they get to see so much of the country......from the mountains....to the beaches way south of us.....the food.....the music....the guides.....all combine to make it a memorable trip....I say do it!

Tulemar Dave

Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows & Villas
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,826 Reviews
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paddle 9 waterfall tour

Dave we will be there at Tulemar at the end of November. Would you recommend Paddle 9 over Vacation Buggy waterfall tours? Or have you received similar feedback from both?

Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,826 Reviews
Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paddle 9 waterfall tour

Paddle 9 is the one for you.....the trips between the two companies are completely different......and the "rave" reviews are all for Paddle 9.....remember....I really didn't think this tour was going to be successful when it was first described to me.....but I was wrong....our guests provided the feedback....thanks for staying with us in Tulemar and enjoy the tour.....you can give me your review afterwards!

Tulemar Dave

Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,826 Reviews
Ardmore...
Level Contributor
146 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paddle 9 waterfall tour

We are going to consider this one when we visit over the summer! I think my kids would love it! (I've never jumped off anything higher than 15 feet, but I do love waterfalls and any beautiful, natural settings). The only bummer would be missing a whole day on the Tulemar property!

Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,826 Reviews
Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paddle 9 waterfall tour

Hi Lisa M.....choose your tours wisely.....and don't choose too many.......so many guests plan a tour each day.....against our advice.......because they want to see/do everything.......but they get tired of having to do something each day....(especially with kids)......and not just relaxing and enjoying the beach....the pools......reading on the deck or balcony.....or exploring Quepos and the marina.....so they end up cancelling out.....which is not really fair to the tour operator.

Tulemar Dave

Mentioned in this post
Tulemar Bungalows...
2,826 Reviews
Ardmore...
Level Contributor
146 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paddle 9 waterfall tour

For sure! Will heed your advice and will probably only pick one adventure tour plus the park tour and be the sloth tour. We will be doing a lot in Arenal and don’t want to miss out on our chance to relax and enjoy the property!

Reply to: Paddle 9 waterfall tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted