We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Mal Pais

Sammamish...
6 posts
Save Topic
Stay in Mal Pais

I plan to drive down to Mal Pais from Monteverde in mid April. Plan to stay only one night. Recommendations for a good place to stay? I am an adventurous sort, but don't like sleep with cockroaches and such. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sammamish...
6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Stay in Mal Pais

Thanks Gemini. I agree with Ricanflvr re availability and weather. I expect it to be dry. Have secured a place to stay the two nights I am there, so should be in good shape. Haven't decided whether to take the ferry or drive around. Will cross that bridge (no pun intended!) when I get there.

Minneapolis, MN
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Stay in Mal Pais

drfish - did you ever hear anything good/bad about "The Place" hotel in Mal Pais? I also am thinking about staying there in mid-April.

Thanks.

Sammamish...
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Stay in Mal Pais

Hi MiaAnne,

No, I didn't get a response back from "The Place" or several other places I emailed for availability. I was starting to get concerned about having a place to stay so finally booked at Florblanca in Santa Teresa for two nights 4/15-16 - - - pricey but appears quite nice with good reports. Good luck in booking a place to stay. b.rgds Wally (aka Drfish)

San Diego, CA
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Stay in Mal Pais

Hello Mia Anne, I was also looking for reviews on "The Place". I just reserved a bungalow there for the last week in April. Let me know if you hear any review, their site looks pretty cool.