We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contacting Ritmo Tropical

Orlando
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Contacting Ritmo Tropical

I am interested in booking rooms at Ritmo Tropical but have had no success in emailing them or booking on line through their web site. I have read the reviews and it seems like a perfect place but now I am concerned.

I did call them yesterday and they said that they have availability in June, but I want to feel comfortable that everything is as it appears before I give them my credit card information.

Do you know anything more about them than what are in the reviews?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Contacting Ritmo Tropical

Ritmo Tropical is a place that I often recommend to travelers looking for a nice, middle of the road place to stay. The cabinas are clean and ordinary, but have everything you need. They have a pool and a restaurant (they make great pizzas) and the cabinas are in a nice garden setting. It is a short walk to the beach and close to all of the evening 'activities', but far enough away that you are not staying in the middle of the main part of 'town'.

Apparently they are not very attentive to their emails....perhaps they don't have a reliable computer (?), but they do answer their phone!

You will not be unhappy with this choice, it is a perfect little place!

Orlando
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Contacting Ritmo Tropical

Thank you very much for that information. Two other quetions....Have you been to Star Mountain Jungle Lodge? If so, can you offer an opinion.

Is there any other place that you suggest we check out. My husband can't walk real easily so we always need to take that in to consideration.

Thank you

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Contacting Ritmo Tropical

Star Mountain is about 5 K. into the jungle...it really is remote, beautiful and surrounded by birds, animals and jungle!

If your husband has a mobility problem, then Ritmo Triopical would be a good choice. Many of the accommodations are on slopes, or have many stairs or the parking area is a good distance from the cabins. Ritmo is on fairly even ground and only a couple of stairs up to the restaurant.

Although many new rules have been put in place for hotels and restaurants to adapt their facilities for handicapped and people with mobility issues. In general, adaptation has been to accommodate wheelchairs by widening doors or providing ramps, there has been little other changes and you will find there is not much thought put into 'adaptations' (lowering bathroom sinks or changing out the slick tile floors etc....). There will be challenges and adaptations are nothing like those found in North America, so be prepared!

4. Re: Contacting Ritmo Tropical

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 28, 2012