We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Florblanca resort appropriate for families with kids...

Portland, Ore
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is the Florblanca resort appropriate for families with kids...

I am traveling with three families of 5 to Mal pais in March. We are scheduled to stay at the Florblanca hotel. Does anyone know if this is a mistake? How is the surf? Is it kid friendly?

Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Florblanca resort appropriate for families with kids...

Hi Jammer3. My boyfriend and I are going to Florblanca with my 12 yr. old & 16 yr. old the first week in March. I sure hope it's as good as it looks. My kids would not do typical "kid" activities, anyway, so I didn't choose Florblanca for that reason. I like how it's right on the beach (my boyfriend is a big surfer) and has a gourmet restaurant on site. Most of all, it's right at the edge of the jungle/rainforest and has a nature guide right there to take us on nature tours, hikes, etc. Should be an amazing experience...the only drawback, as far as my kids are concerned, is that they will be disconnected from their computers for a whole week. To me, however, that's a plus!

Daytona Beach, FL
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Florblanca resort appropriate for families with kids...

Florblanca is NEVER a mistake (until you get the AMEX bill!!) It is gorgeous and romantic (too bad you have to take the kids~smile). As long as they are well-behaved they and you will be fine. The pool and yoga center are great and the rooms are spectacular. The restaurant and bar are wonderfully delicious although there are many other great places to eat in the area. The beach in front is nice and sandy with some rocks and tidepools for exploration. There are a few internet cafes in town so the kids won't be completely out of touch and there is a lot for them to do otherwise. A little down from Florblance in Playa Hermosa there is a tide pool at low tide that you can take the kids to snorkel in. The great thing about it-it is only about 6 feet deep and they could stand in most parts It is protected from the ocean waves by a large rock formation. In 6 feet of water we saw angel fish, 2 octopus and even an eel in the cracks of the rock "wall". You can rent snorkels & mask from two German guys in town that have a dive shop-I forget the name, but you will see the "diver down" flag out front (don't really need the fins for such shallow water). They can tell you where it is at. If you bring your own stuff it is a little further north from the Patricio del Rey B&B. You'll see a little pull off and you can pull onto the beach there. ALso, there are waterfalls in Montezuma they can hike to (eat lunch at Playa de Artistas-the best tuna tartare w/ sala verde ever!) There are canopy lines behind the Sunset Reef Hotel and the fishing boats in front will take you out fishing and you can keep what you catch. I heard some of the restaurants will cook your catch. see nicoyapeninsula.com for info on Cabo Blanco Natl Park and other thinks to do in the area. Have fun