We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vista de Olas, Beija Flor, Moana Lodge

Which Mal Pais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vista de Olas, Beija Flor, Moana Lodge

Going to Costa Rica in February...trying to pick a place to stay. Vista de Olas looks really beautiful but they are VERY slow in responding by e-mail and seem less interested than the other place I've contacted. Anyone stay at any of these places recently? Thanks!

London
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Vista de Olas, Beija Flor, Moana Lodge

We just come back from Malpais. For fun and great location next to all amenties with a great restaurant onsite, I recommend Frank's Place hotel. We ended up staying a whole week and not 2 nights as originally planned. It is a good place to meet people, lots of regular clients who come every year. If you want to take surfing lessons and are beginner, ask for Jobbie, he is a very good teacher and quite a character. You'll have fun for sure!

A TripAdvisor Member
Save Reply
12. Re: Vista de Olas, Beija Flor, Moana Lodge

We were initially looking to go to Tamarindo and Playa Grande followed by 2 nights in Arenal. However starting to get swayed to Mal Pais, would love some feedback on the great things of why Mal Pais over other locations, good beach white sand is a must. A little entertainment, shopping a bonus. Pool at the hotel another must, jacuzzi a nice bonus.

Malpais, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Vista de Olas, Beija Flor, Moana Lodge

Hi this is the owner of Monna and Id like to just thank both j+p10013 and hwood05 for not slating us on this forum and being so understanding that we had to cancel on them, but it was not by choice.

I do apologise that we weren’t able to open on time and it really killed us physically and nearly broke us financially as we’ve been shut a year with the exception of Xmas, and to complicate things we’ve our first baby arriving in a week!

But thank God were almost at the end of it. We now reopen in May and we’re confident that the hotel will be an amazing place for our guests to spend their hollidays in Mal Pais.

Over the year we´ve been closed we’ve added 2 new superior rooms, a honeymoon suite, a new breakfast area, bar, and lounge area all with incredible ocean view. We’ve also added a new reception with free net access so hopefully everybody will like the new additions.

If either of you do make it back to Mal Pais like I said in my emails we’d love to offer you a discount in the future,

take care,

Aidan

Malpais, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Vista de Olas, Beija Flor, Moana Lodge

God what an idiot I am, I cant even spell the name of my hotel is the long sleepless nights! Moana, not Monna, Doh!

15. Re: Vista de Olas, Beija Flor, Moana Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, October 20, 2009