We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

Which Mal Pais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
4 posts
Save Topic
Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

I've been gathering info about some of these places but haven't made up my mind yet. I am looking for a place that offers daily surf instructions (beginner) and yoga. Pura Vida Adventures in Malpais, which puts you up at The Place for your accommodations, seems to have everything I'm looking for but Del Mar Surf Camp seems good also (though not sure about the accomodations which state are at either Hotel Terraza del Pacifico or Hotel Marea Brava).

Since I will be travelling solo so I would like to go somewhere where I feel safe and "taken care of" in the sense that I'm not wandering around lost - mainly why I'm focusing on packages that take care of things for you. I know there are many co-ed camps that have been recommended on this site too, but I think I will be less self consious about surfing in a woman only environment.

If you have ANY insight on these surf camps, or know of others you would recommend, I would truly appreciate it!

Austin TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

I would like to know about this too

St. Albert, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

You might also check out Ylang Ylang in Montezuma. Great food (I think the daily rate includes breakfast and dinner) and they have a beautiful yoga studio overlooking the ocean. Not sure about surfing lessons but maybe their website will have info.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
140 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

I am headed to Pura Vida Surf Camp in about 3 weeks and can post a report. I've heard from a lot of San Francisco, CA Bay area women that have gone to it that it's great. My girlfriend who is a complete beginner is going with me - I am going 6 days early for some travel solo but I am hiring a guide.

I am planning a surf trip to Bali, Indonesia next year, there's a great all women's surf camp called Surf Goddess. I also am into surf camps that take care of everything for some of my first international solo travel.

sacramento
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

I'm interested in how you liked Pura Vida Advenures. I am thinking about going for the women's surf trip May 2. Can you give me any advice?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
140 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

I really enjoyed Pura Vida Surf Camp. The instructors were great and the camp was set up well. Food was good and there was a lot of opportunity to surf. The waves were a bit too big for beginners the week that I went - my friend didn't have as good of a time as I did. (I'm more of an advanced beginner/intermediate) It's a lot of surfing so I'd recommend lot's of swimming/pushups/paddling before you head down! Enjoy!

sacramento
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

Compared to other camps, Pura Vida seems very expensive ($2095 for a week). Did it seem like this was worth it? Did you compare it to Mal Pais Surf Camp and Resort? Would you recommend it for a "very beginner" surf experience? Thanks for your time.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
140 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

I receive emails from them, I recently received an advertisement talking about $200 or $250 off of a week in May I believe. You could email them and ask.

If it's a large difference in price, then no, it may not be worth it. Just depends what the others offer (yoga, massage, etc.) Mal Pais is a very small town, you could also go and hire a surf instructor, there's plenty around. However, the instruction at Pura Vida is top notch! Heather is excellent!

Belfast
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

Is Pura Vida the sort of place you can go on your own? I will be travelling alone.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
140 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

Yes, it's a surf camp that travelers go to alone. You have meals, yoga and surf with the other campers but there's also time for your own downtime if you want. Everyone at my camp was friendly!

10. Re: Women's Surf & Yoga Camps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, October 29, 2009