We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milarepa hotel - santa teresa, mal pais

New York City
6 posts
Save Topic
Milarepa hotel - santa teresa, mal pais

Has anyone else visited this hotel other than the person from NYC who had such a bad experience? The description of the hotel in various books seems lovely - yet I am hesitant because of this one bad review. Anyone else been there or have an opinion? My husband and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica next January. He likes to surf and I like yoga, spas, etc. We don't want to spend the kind of money that Florblanca requires, which is right next door to Milarepa. Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Canopy del Pacifico Mal Pais
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Mal Pais Freedom Riding SUP
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Jobbie's Long Boards
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Boston, US
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Milarepa hotel - santa teresa, mal pais

Heard that Leonardo Di Caprio and Gisele Budchan stayed there ...TWICE!! Kate Moss too. So can't be that bad!!

David, Panama
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milarepa hotel - santa teresa, mal pais

The best place to stay is Hotel Ronny's in Santa Teresa. (506-640-0301) He has a small hotel (10 rooms) that is very very clean and has the coldest air conditioners in Costa Rica. You walk to the beach front in 10 min max, 5 if you hurry. In front of his hotel are 3 different brakes to surf. Ronny and his wife serve an unbelievable breakfast with your room rate. He has a very nice tile swimming pool that is cleaned every morning. It is a small family business and he really takes care of his guests. I traveled last fall with my 4 sons for 19 days and stayed with Ronny, my 21 year old travel with 7 friends during Christmas and stayed with Ronny for 11 days and my 17 year old is staying there alone now for 45 days with two of his high school friends and staying at Ronny’s. Ronny enjoys families because he has 2 daughters of his own. Ronny knows everybody and everything to do (he is like the mayor) he has ATV’s for rent; he will have you picked up at the San Jose airport and dropped at the hotel. He serves great Tico food for lunch and diner at great prices $3-$7. If you would like to know more about Mal Pais of Santa Teresa’s email me jamesmillervb@gmail.com and I will tell you about the dining and lodging around and also the surf spots because we all surfed from the point to Hermosa. If you call Ronny tell him I told you to call and tell him what you need. Have a great trip.

NYC/CT
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Milarepa hotel - santa teresa, mal pais

Hello

I am also considering Milarepa. Does anyone else have any comments/feedback on MILAREPA, not on other hotels in mal pais?

THANKS!

san francisco bay...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Milarepa hotel - santa teresa, mal pais

I stayed at Milarepa in April 04. It was lovely. very laid back and understated, yet sophisticated. Unfortunately the owners were/are going through a divorce, and the chef had quit the week before we arrived so there were some bumps. But the place is so relaxing and so nice that we easily overlooked these issues. Florblanca is a short walk down the beach, where there is an excellent upscale resturant, and there are several great places to eat along the main drag. I would definately recommend a rental car (4x4 a must) as Milarepa is located a little out of town. Go. Stay There. You'll enjoy it.