We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Suenos Beach

New Jersey
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Los Suenos Beach

We're staying at the Marriott Los Suenos for our honeymoon in Aug. I keep reading about how the beach is bad. What exactly does "Bad" mean? I know the sand is brown. But, is it rocky?? Muddy?? Full of shell pieces?? Lots of bugs?? If anyone can give specifics...Thanks.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Suenos Beach

I would say bad as in not inviting. Yes it is black sand and some parts are rocky. The beach area has some rock formations surrounding it so there is less water that comes in to "naturally" clean the area.

Plus, right outside the resort is a local "marina" where smaller boats are docked about 200 feet from shore.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Suenos Beach

Thanks for the feedback. We're not planning to spend much time hanging out on the beach. There are so many other things we want to do. But, would like to know that it's tolerable to sit on and read a book for an hour or two.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Suenos Beach

There is a lovely grassy lawn that is perfect for looking at the mountains and water and reading a book. They have plenty of chairs in place for that.

Congratulations and have a wonderful trip!

4. Re: Los Suenos Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:05 pm, April 25, 2008
San Jose
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Suenos Beach

There is a white sand beach near there ( 15 minutes north)is call Playa Blanca.

University Park...
Level Contributor
28 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Suenos Beach

There is a charge to use the beautiful beach at Playa Blanca at the Puenta Leona development.

Go just north past that development to Playa Aguhas - the beach is not as white but still lovely - lots of friendly natives on the weekends. But still leave the valuables at home and lock the car. The water is great here just watch for the occasional rip current.

Mark Mead

San Jose
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Suenos Beach

In CR all Beaches are public

To get to Playa Blanca you have to know your way.

Going south on the HWY to Jaco after you have PASSED the security check point for Punta Leona look for a SMALL dirt road on YOUR RIGHT ( First dirt road after the entrance of Punta Leona)

Take that dirt road all the way to the end.

Park your car and walk to the water, once there walk south along the beach go over a small rock formation and you will be surprissed at the view of Playa Blanca is one of CR finest secret beaches.

University Park...
Level Contributor
28 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Suenos Beach

Blue eye is exactly right. I should have said there is a charge for the Punta Leona Beach Club - not the beach and he is right it is one of the best in all of CR.

Mark Mead

Lovin livin in CR.

Boston
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Los Suenos Beach

Hi...We are going on our honeymoon there also next July, so I would love to hear any feedback you have from your trip! I was wondering the same thing about the beach- let me know how it is! Have a great time :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Los Suenos Beach

Frankie...

We ended up changing our mind about Los Suenos last minute. We went to Manuel Antonio instead...staying at Mango Moon B&B. We LOVED it. We were afraid that staying @ Los Suenos, we would feel like we were at any resort in the US.