We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kangaroo hotel good or bad??

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
kangaroo hotel good or bad??

Hey, I"m going to jaco for 2 weeks, and read in lonely planet great things about hotel kangaroo and plan on staying there. Anyone have anything to say about it?? Good, bad? close to beach? close to surfing? food? safe?

My plan is to surf everyday and not spend much time in my hotel. So really, just looking for something cheap that has surf rentals, and I can walk mostly everywhere.

I"m super easy going and a budget traveler, not too concerned about living in a crappy bed, as long as it's safe and close to everything- I guess I am a little high maintaince in the fact, I"m always ready to fork out the extra 10$/night for A/C- but that's about it!!!

Toronto
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kangaroo hotel good or bad??

Sorry don't know about that hotel, but just got back from Jaco and surfing is everywhere! Everything is on a strip of hotels, restaurants, shops and easily accessible for walking. Any other beaches or farther trips will require a taxi or bus. Both very accessible and very cheap. One of my first destinations not being sick and I drank the water everywhere as well as buying bottled water on the road. Every place I went to gave bottled water when just asking for a glass. Food is also a bargain. Sand is crazy hot because it's pretty much black.

francia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: kangaroo hotel good or bad??

hey...i´ve been staying there for 2 weeks..the place was was sooo chilled out, i just couldn´t leave, surf, good food, hamocs, great music..i mean what else could i ask for...... i really recomend that hotel kangaroo, talk to stef, and have him cook for you...try the chicken in coconut, pine apple and coconut sauce!!!!!!

well enjoy your treap

CA
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: kangaroo hotel good or bad??

what's up

i have the same question

i will be staying there the first week of april

when will you be going to jaco?

i'm layed back myself just want too chill !!!!!!!!!

i do have tico friends that live in san jose, they had no info about the kangaroo.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
708 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kangaroo hotel good or bad??

You will definitely like the Kangaroo. I just got back from a 4-night stay there and I think it's exactly what you're looking for. It's a very laid back place with a pool and great staff. You can get breakfast and dinner at the hotel every day for around $5 and it is excellent. There is a lady that cleans the grounds of the hotel everyday, so it's always clean. The beach is a quick walk around the corner. The town of Jaco is about a 15 walk down the beach, and you can find everything you need in town from a supermarket to ATMs and restaurants.

You can't beat it for the price and the fun atmosphere.

Shout out to Stef and Nico!! (From Kristi)

Florida
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kangaroo hotel good or bad??

i just booked 7 nights there mid april... hope it's as advertised.

i'm looking for relaxed atmosphere, only realy need a place to lay down at night and a hot shower. pretty easy to please.

take care people.

6. Re: kangaroo hotel good or bad??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, August 27, 2009