We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in CR - Things to do in Jaco??

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time in CR - Things to do in Jaco??

Hi,

My 4 girl friends (late 20s) and I will be ending our CR trip in Jaco. We will arrive on 11/10-12, we are staying at Club del Sol. We will really only have about 1 1/2day of activities. Will you please provide further information on the following:

Tortuga Island - suggestions on a tour Company (Calypso Cruises ??)

Pura Vida Garden - What are the hours/cost?

Costarica Waterfall Tours - suggestions on a tour Company (http://costaricawaterfalltours.com/ ??)

Any Free things that we can see... like museums, parks, nature preserve area??

Saca Gomas - is this still open??

Bars/drinks: Lemonzest, Claritas...any others?

These are the list of food places, if any have closed or total No do not here, will you please let us know :)

- BREAKFAST:

o Panaderia Artesanal

o The Coffee Shop

- LUNCH:

o Soda Jaco Rustico -

o The Coffee Shop -

- DINNER:

o Lemonzest: El Jardin Plaza, Jaco 4023, 5PM-10PM (CLOSED ON MONDAYS)

o Tsuanmi:

o Tacobar Jaco Beach

Thank you for your time & knowledge, we appreciate it!! :)

jaco
Level Contributor
69 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in CR - Things to do in Jaco??

Hiking Muros mountain is a great free activity, also check out a sunset at Villa Caletas, you can get more suggestions on other activities as well as some good restaurant recommendations here

visitjacocostarica.com/our-must-do--see-list…

World
Level Contributor
44 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in CR - Things to do in Jaco??

We have used Costa Rica Waterfall Tours in the past for all of our excursions and were extremaly satisfied with the level of service provided. However, I will try to help answer your questions:

Tortuga Island - We booked ours through Costa Rica Waterfall Tours; they have several different boats/tours to Tortuga.

Pura Vida Garden - I have never been there but I hear the cost if $20pp and is not quite worth the price.

Costarica Waterfall Tours - As I mentioned above, we had a fantastic experience with these guys!

Any Free things that we can see... like museums, parks, nature preserve area??

-I would suggest checking out Villa Caletas for Sunsets (if you have car it is a 15 min drive and is free to get in

-Also suggest going to Hermosa on Saturday afternoons (after 3pm) for a free surf competition held on the beach behind The Backyard Restaurant/Bar. If you have a car this would be a 10 minute drive.

Saca Gomas - is this still open?? Never heard of this

Bars/drinks: Lemonzest, Claritas...any others?

-Here are some bars I would recommend - Le Loft, Monkey Bar, Claritas (especially on Thursday nights)

These are the list of food places, if any have closed or total No do not here, will you please let us know :)

- BREAKFAST:

o Panaderia Artesanal - Never tried it

o The Coffee Shop - Good breakfast

-Might I add Poseidon and Green Room for breakfast, it is very good.

- LUNCH:

o Soda Jaco Rustico - Cheap local food

o The Coffee Shop - More for breakfast

-I would also like to add The Green Room, Poseidon, Taco Bar

- DINNER:

o Lemonzest: El Jardin Plaza, Jaco 4023, 5PM-10PM (CLOSED ON MONDAYS) - Very good food

o Tsuanmi: - Great sushi and very good steak

o Tacobar Jaco Beach - I like the salad bar

-I would also like to add Grafiti and Los Amigos for a good dinner

HAVE A GREAT TIME IN JACO!!!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in CR - Things to do in Jaco??

Lots of great places in Jaco Beach but I'll suggest a few add'l favorites.

BKFT: Panaderia Art. (absolutely), Coffee Shoppe (great homemade bread and cin. roll), Cafe del Mar (it's all about the coffee, excellent), The Point Beach Bar (great way to start the day, directly on the beach, a walk up the beach from Club del Sol

LUNCH: Bubbas on Bohio (beach view, great tacos), The Point Beach Bar (burger, tacos, not a huge menu but excellent), JacoTaco (if you like MX, huge portions, daily drink and food specials), The Green Room, Rioasis (thin crust pizza, daily specials), The Pizza Shoppe (Tico Tuesday 5,000 col. large one topping, daily slice(s) to go or eat on site)

DINNER: Graffiti, Lemon Zest (both gourmet, great vibe)

UNIQUE: Handmade chocolates, desserts and great coffee ... Cacao Lounge (fantastic)

FUN: Backyard (surf contest on Sat.), weekend live music at many venues so watch for signs. If you're here on Nov. 30th, there is a Tope (Horse Parade) thru Jaco. There is A LOT going on in Jaco Beach. Just a few ideas in addition to already great suggestions. (For typical CR fare, Isaga and Rancho Santana.)

Edited: 2:52 pm, October 23, 2013
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
197 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in CR - Things to do in Jaco??

The hotel where Saca Goma is located is under new ownership. The new owners may be taking the place in a different direction, so I would skip it.

Pandaria Artesanal is a must! It is located about a 15-20 minute walk from your place near Chuck's Wow Surf shop. When you pass the city park/Monkey Bar, you will be getting close. My favorite is the Sweet Crepe.

Taco Bar for a fun lunch or early dinner.

Graffeti's is my favorite for dinner

For Tortuga, with you all being in town such a short time you may want to take one of the boats out of Hurradura. It is a full day event and this would cut travel time down.

5. Re: First time in CR - Things to do in Jaco??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 26, 2014