We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Jose airpost to Jaco by Taxi Cost?

Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
70 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
San Jose airpost to Jaco by Taxi Cost?

I’ve been looking at transpiration from San Jose Airport to Jaco and was wondering how much a taxi costs for two people? Private shuttle is expensive and the shared shuttle is a 3 ½ hour wait for interbus. Is a taxi the best choice and anyone have a good idea on the price?

Any advice will be helpful. Thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Jose airpost to Jaco by Taxi Cost?

Beleive it or not ...most of the time a taxi can be more expensive than a private transfer...and with a taxi...you never know who the driver may be...and if you go by that way...deal only with ORANGE official taxis...please do not support the PIRATE taxis some of them even with a palice record...since nobody regulate them and they charge and do what ever they like...terrible sad situation!

Private rides from $ 110.00 up...up to 4 passengers..

roadadvisor

jaco
Level Contributor
77 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Jose airpost to Jaco by Taxi Cost?

Agreed, pirate taxis are not insured and even then its still at the very least $80-90. You can get transfers for $100, not worth the gamble.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
169 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Jose airpost to Jaco by Taxi Cost?

Go with Tucan Limo Services. Totally worth spending the extra few bucks and getting a private insured reliable transportation with them. They have excellent cars and great reviews here on TA.

Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
70 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Jose airpost to Jaco by Taxi Cost?

Thanks Roadadviser. Do you know of a good private transfer company?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,780 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Jose airpost to Jaco by Taxi Cost?

Brandon,

Roadadvisor aka Luis is the owner of Tucan Limo Services, a highly reputable transfer company: http://www.tucanlimoservices.com/

For other recommended private drivers just do a search on this forum

Orlando, Florida...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: San Jose airpost to Jaco by Taxi Cost?

how much would it cost for a taxi from san jose airport to jaco beach for 2 people. also about how much would it cost to rent a car or hire a private limmo

Newport Beach, Ca
Level Contributor
111 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Jose airpost to Jaco by Taxi Cost?

Contact Luis or Rosie at Tucanlimoserives.com. I've used them for the past 6 years and can not speak highly enough about them. I know that there are plenty of other drivers recommended by the forum, but I use Luis.

Headed back in 14 days with Luis Driving.

Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
70 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Jose airpost to Jaco by Taxi Cost?

I did a few hours ago. I was a bit put off with the word "limo", but they have great prices and regular cars :)

Thanks!

9. Re: San Jose airpost to Jaco by Taxi Cost?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, September 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Jaco