We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

Hello,

Will be staying at the Los Suenos Marriott for 4 nights, wanted some recommendations on things to do, as well as good restaurants. Any recommendations on tour companies, especially to do the Tortuga Island tour?

We probably won't have a car, so may need to take taxi's to Jaco a couple of times. I looked for some ideas, but some of the posts are a bit dated.

Thanks

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

Tortuga is fun. Calypso is the best but leaves about 45 minute drive north. Jaco 360 (you can check out their website and tours) books a boat that leaves practically outside your hotel. I would probably go with that tour just for convinece since it is right there.

I am not as familiar with restaurants around the Marriott, but Jaco has some great places. Sodas are my favorite so I don't get to the other restaurants often but on Wed. nights I do try and make it Tsunami Sushi for 1/2 off sushi. Bubbas is always good. If it is really hot Los Amigos has a great ahi tuna wrap for lunch and you can eat in A/C

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
197 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

I love the dive restaurant that is at the end of the road at the ocean in Hurradura. Walk out to the beach from the Marriott and take a left. First place you see! El Pelicano is next and is more upscales. Finally, you will see A third place that has a good cosado at lunch. In the Los Suenos area, Hook Up is also fund but not great food. Walk up to the intersection at the flashing light and get ice cream at Pop's. Banana is my current favorite there. The soda across the busy road is also good.

In Jaco, try Bubba's on Bohio and Taco Bar. Graffeti's if you want a nicer dinner

3. Re: Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, May 06, 2013
Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

The public bus is a good way to go as well. I prefer to walk to the main road and grab the bus instead of transfering. Usually when I go to this area from Jaco I take the bus one way, if not both.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,538 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

Bijagual Waterfall...nice hike nice tour...

roadadvisor

Calgary
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

Hey, onehagg,

I'll be arriving to Los Suenos, on Dec 12th, though I'll be in the condos beside the main hotel, so I'm looking for places to buy groceries and day to day items I'll need upon arrival.

You're right about the dated info on here, they really need to update the maps, and business directory.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

One of the nicest grocery stores in CR is right where you turn off the main road towards your condo. It isn't the cheapest though. If you don't care then I would shop for groceries there. If you want to do a big grocery run and want to save some money I would go into Jaco.

I would also check with the codos management. They should be willing to have some basics in the fridge for you on arrival. We always have milk, coffee, water, beer, bread, eggs, cheese and butter stocked for us before we arrive.

Edited: 12:12 pm, November 30, 2012
Calgary
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

Thanks mrolfes,

Since I'm arriving late at night I'll check into the management stocking some basics for me.

My fiancee is sailing down there with his best friend, so hopefully I won't have to wait too long for them to come into the marina. We'll be staying 3 weeks at the condo (at least I will be ) and having 2 weeks on board the boat while the friend and his girlfriend have the condo and we take the boat. In other words.. I'll need to do a full stock up.

I plan on going into Jaco and exploring.. I'd like to go to the Playa Hermosa Wildlife Refuge and help with the turtles, I've heard that Pachi's Pan is good for baked goods, and for some good local food the Soda Jaco Rustico.

I'm debating taking the bus into San Jose because I've read that you can get custom made cowboy boots there at a really good price. I don't suppose there's someone in Jaco who does that ?? Would save me a long day of travel back and forth.

Edited: 1:35 pm, November 30, 2012
Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

Sorry can't help you with cowboy boots, but since you will be there so long you will make some great local friends that will tell you the ins and outs. What an exciting trip.

10. Re: Recommendations in or around Los Suenos Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 02, 2013